'17 DL Lagaryonn Carson (Texarkana Liberty-Eylau)

6'4" 260 lb defensive end from Liberty-Eylau high school in Texarkana, Texas. We have offered. Holds offers from Alabama, Texas A&M, Baylor, and Texas, among others. Older brother is Texas A&M running back Tra Carson.

Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5095116/

http://247sports.com/Player/Lagaryonn-Carson-79999

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

http://www.scout.com/player/195497-lagaryonn-carson

Looks like we are in his final three with A$M and Baylor.  Wouldn't that be something if he ended up in Denton.

Looks like he wants to still go to Texas but got scholarship taken away because of grades. Have to think that if he is a late qualifier all of his other offers won't be valid anymore as those schools will probably fill up classes, with Baylor maybe being exception. Hopefully we keep a spot open and he found his way to Denton. Would have to be one of the best high school players UNT has ever added. Will be interesting to follow him and Eleasah Anderson to see where they could end up. They could be the type of lucky adds that could turn things around real fast, though still not likely they end up with either.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, MEEN2018 said:

Looks like he wants to still go to Texas but got scholarship taken away because of grades. Have to think that if he is a late qualifier all of his other offers won't be valid anymore as those schools will probably fill up classes, with Baylor maybe being exception. Hopefully we keep a spot open and he found his way to Denton. Would have to be one of the best high school players UNT has ever added. Will be interesting to follow him and Eleasah Anderson to see where they could end up. They could be the type of lucky adds that could turn things around real fast, though still not likely they end up with either.

Boy would that be a big time get. 

• Upvote 4

His 247 lists his UNT offer as May 2015 so I wonder if Seth Littrell and company are even recruiting him. Looks like he was suspended twice in high school, though not sure if that was for grades or behavioral problems. Really weird too that it looks like he hasn't gotten any offers since June of 2015 according to 247 and has put up monster stats and is a very high rated recruit. So I wonder if we are really in his top 3 as scout lists or not. The whole situation is a very weird one that will be interesting to follow the next month.

Do we know what he has done for him to be suspended? 

As much as its worriesome, if the kid suspensions are for something not major similar to the UTSA kid. I think the staff should/ would be smart if he can't go to bigger schools give him a chance but have him on a very tight leash.

Adding Carson and Anderson late in the period could be huge/would be huge for this program, even if it is a risk. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Do we know what he has done for him to be suspended? 

As much as its worriesome, if the kid suspensions are for something not major similar to the UTSA kid. I think the staff should/ would be smart if he can't go to bigger schools give him a chance but have him on a very tight leash.

Adding Carson and Anderson late in the period could be huge/would be huge for this program, even if it is a risk. 

This is me just being pedantic, but wouldn't it be a short leash? Collars are tightened; leashes are shortened and lengthened?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

This is me just being pedantic, but wouldn't it be a short leash? Collars are tightened; leashes are shortened and lengthened?

First, what kind of collar are we talking about?  Traditional, prong, choke?  Or what if there is no collar and we're employing some sort of harness, perhaps an Easy Lead or Gentle Leader?  There are so many questions to answer before we can even begin to know if the collar will prod, pinch, or constrict around our troubled recruits' necks!

Of course, someone could question why we're treating players like dogs or sexual submissives in the first place.  Damn, we have a lot to discuss this offseason!

• Upvote 3

This is interesting, I know his brother personally. They are from my hometown of Clarksville ( same as Jarrian Roberts). LE is a school kind of known for amazing talent but the structure of the school for discipline is lacking. If he were to come here I do believe he would do well off the field if he had guidance . Of course on the field he's a monster and we would all love that. Also wonder if Jarrian is in his ear at all about coming to UNT.

• Upvote 1

http://www.hornsports.com/forums/topic/12700-lagaryonn-carson-suspended-for-one-game/

Interesting read here including the unsubstantiated claim that he has a learning disability.  That may be an angle we can take as Jamario Thomas ended up here due to NT's excellent program for kid's with dyslexia.  Really curious to know the extent of  the issues that resulted in his suspension.  From doing a little digging, it appears some of this is academic related.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

• 11 months later...