Hey, History Channel.....how about a basic geography lesson! Geeeeeezzzzzzzz.....History Channel?

Was commenting on that as well, but you know what they always say, "Can't let some geography get in the way of a good story".

I've personally always wondered what it would look like if the Alamo was situated in Big Bend country.

A historically and geographically inaccurate dramatization is still a gigantic improvement over their various pawn, car, and aliens shows. That network is an absolute train wreck outside of Vikings.

Would highly recommend The Smithsonian Channel if you are lucky enough to have it on your cable subscription. It's what Discover/History/TLC channels used to be.

Would highly recommend The Smithsonian Channel if you are lucky enough to have it on your cable subscription. It's what Discover/History/TLC channels used to be.

Smithsonian is very good, and yeah, like all three networks combined. You can actually get it free if you have a Roku, Apple TV, or Fire TV.

• Upvote 1

mighty ships and mighty planes ftw!

So... SOOO many issues historically. I know you have to learn to look past some, OK a lot, of this. At a certain point it is too much. It's 1836 yet everyone is dressed in civil war surplus. The slang is wrong. The hair is wrong (clean shaven was "cool" at the time, not civil war era facial hair). The geography is terrible, they have the wrong Native Americans in the wrong places, etc etc. We do get to see Ray Liotta, which is nice....

Seriously I understand you have to give up some historical accuracy. At this point it would be liking making a movie about Charlie Chaplin's early years in Hollywood, but setting it in downtown Monahans and having all the characters speak like...well... Ray Liotta.

So... SOOO many issues historically. I know you have to learn to look past some, OK a lot, of this. At a certain point it is too much. It's 1836 yet everyone is dressed in civil war surplus. The slang is wrong. The hair is wrong (clean shaven was "cool" at the time, not civil war era facial hair). The geography is terrible, they have the wrong Native Americans in the wrong places, etc etc. We do get to see Ray Liotta, which is nice....

Seriously I understand you have to give up some historical accuracy. At this point it would be liking making a movie about Charlie Chaplin's early years in Hollywood, but setting it in downtown Monahans and having all the characters speak like...well... Ray Liotta.

"I always wanted to be a mute actor..."

I feel bad for the head historian at the History Channel. Libby O'Connell is a nice lady, heard her speak several times. She must be pretty frustrated with the programming, of which I believe she has zero say over.

Probably gets a nice check though!

Didn't y'all know random people escaped the Alamo by slashing throats and one even went on to seduce Sam Houston and Santa Anna thus winning the war from the sack?

The vast deserts of Gonzalez were impressive too. I road through Gonzalez on the Shiner GASP (Great Austin to Shiner Pedal) recently and barely made it through that desert and the damn mountains almost killed me.

There was no Army to defeat Mexico either, only a couple early Rangers. Like the great Warrior Chief Brendan Frazier who wielded a bow and arrow instead of silly guns.

This show is amazing. It's like the guys who made Team America made a movie about the Bin Laden raid. Instant classic...

• Upvote 1

Didn't y'all know random people escaped the Alamo by slashing throats and one even went on to seduce Sam Houston and Santa Anna thus winning the war from the sack?

The vast deserts of Gonzalez were impressive too. I road through Gonzalez on the Shiner GASP (Great Austin to Shiner Pedal) recently and barely made it through that desert and the damn mountains almost killed me.

There was no Army to defeat Mexico either, only a couple early Rangers. Like the great Warrior Chief Brendan Frazier who wielded a bow and arrow instead of silly guns.

This show is amazing. It's like the guys who made Team America made a movie about the Bin Laden raid. Instant classic...

Lets not forget how the first thing Santa Anna does in the series is kill african americans....or slaves. Which didnt happen he let them go.

Or Sam Houston saying Texas was a "free" country when it was clearly not a free country.

The Karankawas were more canoe people and on the coast, if even around by this point in time.

Thats just one episode.

So much sh!t in one setting is hard to swallow, I have not nor will I finish the series.

The Karankawas were more canoe people and on the coast, if even around by this point in time.

Pineda ran into them in 1697, and they fought with Mexico during this war, so they were for sure around at the time. They were wiped out shortly before the Civil War.