Metroplex HS All-Star Game

Cooley

Cooley, wanna go? Like to see Brice vs this competition. Also can't believe the amount of names on this list we didn't even offer.

Are you kidding? We let Lasani Johnson go to SFA?? Good lord.

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Kids IMO we should have offered even though I know it goes against tony's recruiting strategies.

1. Lasani Johnson

2. Tyler Williams (had close to 7 offers at one point, sat on one from Washington state too long waiting for big12 and lost the spot)

3. Ryan Woolridge

4. Possibly Olin Carter/ Jalon Anderson

Never seen 3,4/5 play, seen 1 and 2 and with the BS we have put on the floor the past two season, there's 0 excuse these top 2 weren't offered ZERO

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

seriously? He wants Jucos, prep kids, and a HS kid or two max. I think he's backwards in his strategy but who am I? I say 4 hs kids 1 JUCO or transfer, or in a normal year 3 hs kids 1 juco or transfer

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cooley, wanna go? Like to see Brice vs this competition. Also can't believe the amount of names on this list we didn't even offer.

Are you kidding? We let Lasani Johnson go to SFA?? Good lord.

Don't think I'm going to anyone's game on a Sunday night @ 9:00 PM. If this is accurate, it must be on TV. That's where I'll be. Don't have a problem passing on Lasani (Larry's son)

We did offer Woolridge & Williams (San Diego). May have backed off Woolridge which was good. Yeah, much different competition for Brice going up against the much bigger bodies of Thomas and Davis. (From Faith Christian Academy opponents in TAPPS to SEC national recruits)

Edited by Cooley
  • Upvote 3

Site says 7pm, once you try to buy tickets it says 9 pm I would assume it would be 7 pm.

I could not find any info for those others on an offer, and when I asked Hebron's coach he said UNT never offered. Interesting thanks for clarifying!

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GMG24, I'm only going by what has been on the Rival site since way back in the fall (or earlier)

A new name that just popped up is Andre Berry of New Mexico Military - 6-7 260. Fits the description of the PF/C big body we need. Looks like Plan C, D or E about right now.

Visited UNT on April 10th

Visited Rhode Island this past weekend

UTSA & PV

Edited by Cooley
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know for sure when the flip is this game? I'm seeing both Saturday and Sunday, but it doesn't say specifically that the Grey vs. Red is SATURDAY at 7:00 PM. I need to be in Addison anyway at around 9:30 on Saturday night, and would like to catch the game and take a look at Brice beforehand. TIA.

This is a poorly put together game, in its infancy if I had to guess, it will get better with time. I'm going to try and show up around 6:45 game starts at 7 pm. My father in law and I are going to attend.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wtf

I was hoping to learn that Brice had the flu or something. He made no effort tonight and wanted no part of the paint. When the game was on the line, the coach felt it was best to keep him on the bench. Big difference playing against major college guys instead of 6-2 private school centers. Very disappointing.

The only other guy that was equally disappointing was Austin Grandstaff. When he is on he is the best player in the metroplex. (in my opinion). A late addition to the game was Jawun Evans of Kimball. Kinda of funny that the announcers couldn't figure out who he was or where they had heard his name. He was the only Texan to play in the McDonald's All-American game.

Edited by Cooley
  • Upvote 1

This is why I am not a big fan of All-Star games at any level...HS, College or Pro. You really never seem to see a good game...yes, there are exceptions of course....the players are often more selfish, coaches do not know how best to play the players they have, players have little to no connection with their teammates, and many players give little effort except when they are the focus, or simply do much to avoid injury. Hard to tell that much from these games especially when most players have already "committed or signed" in the case of these HS games.

Just my experience after having attended many of these "back in the day".

• Upvote 2

Wtf

I was hoping to learn that Brice had the flu or something. He made no effort tonight and wanted no part of the paint. When the game was on the line, the coach felt it was best to keep him on the bench. Big difference playing against major college guys instead of 6-2 private school centers. Very disappointing.

The only other guy that was equally disappointing was Austin Grandstaff. When he is on he is the best player in the metroplex. (in my opinion). A late addition to the game was Jawun Evans of Kimball. Kinda of funny that the announcers couldn't figure out who he was or where they had heard his name. He was the only Texan to play in the McDonald's All-American game.

Not much worse in this game than a guy blessed with 7 foot height who doesn't put out the effort. Somebody needs to buy this dude a lunch pail to bring with him to Denton.

• Upvote 1