Water do you have it yet?

Looks like almost all the lakes east DFW airport are nearly full to more than full. But on the west side of the airport things are on the rise Grapevine is getting there. Tonight looks like heavy rain in some of the right areas. Several lakes are back to levels they have not seen for 3 years or so.

How is Granbury?

http://www.waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/statewide

Looks like almost all the lakes east DFW airport are nearly full to more than full. But on the west side of the airport things are on the rise Grapevine is getting there. Tonight looks like heavy rain in some of the right areas. Several lakes are back to levels they have not seen for 3 years or so.

How is Granbury?

Grandbury is 77%.

Was at Lewisville and Ray Roberts over the weekend. Per ranger at RR, lake is .9 down, but may be full by now. Sure looked like it to me, and the spillway is pretty much closed.

Lewisville is full Catfish and carp floating across the parking lot at the greenbelt park (south of RR dam) on 380 on Saturday. Saw college kids literally scooping fish into laundry baskets out of the ditch.

Was at Lewisville and Ray Roberts over the weekend. Per ranger at RR, lake is .9 down, but may be full by now. Sure looked like it to me, and the spillway is pretty much closed.

Lewisville is full Catfish and carp floating across the parking lot at the greenbelt park (south of RR dam) on 380 on Saturday. Saw college kids literally scooping fish into laundry baskets out of the ditch.

Ray roberts less than a foot below normal pool.

http://rayroberts.uslakes.info/Level.asp

Lewisville almost two feet about normal pool.

http://lewisville.lakesonline.com/Level.asp

Edited by Army of Dad

How is Granbury?

All of the flooding rains last night were on the Lake Whitney Watershed. It's up 2 feet and still rising. Was down 9. May not get full from this flood, but should rise 5 or 6 feet.

Granbury is currently at 689.72. Full is 692.5 (technically 693, but it's always kept at 692.5). Water is still running at over 7000 cubic feet per second on the Brazos River at Dennis, Tx above Lake Granbury. It usually runs through there at about 150 CFS, so I think we may get really close to full even with more rain.

BUT, it looks like this huge low pressure will bring more rain tonight. That will for sure bring us up to full.

Sadly, PK has only come up about a half foot, and it's 14 feet low. To have water all summer (last time was 2010), all three lakes (PK, Granbury, and Whitney) need to be full on Memorial Day Weekend.

As an example, both Granbury and Whitney were full Memorial Day in 2012, but I couldn't get the boat out of the slip after 07/11. Why? PK was 7 feet low on Memorial Day.

The BRA is a problem, but the drought is a much bigger one. Plus, what the BRA did in 2008 can't be undone. I just wish they would at least pretend to listen to lake residents. They don't, and make no bones about the fact that they own the water and will do with it what they see fit. It has really cost them in public perception.

But they really don't care.

I'll just be glad to dust off the old boat this weekend and take her for a careful spin around the lake.

And thank you, Lord, for the replenishing rains that have accompanied the lastest El Niño.

And there is your Brazos Rivershed update, people.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

All of the flooding rains last night were on the Lake Whitney Watershed. It's up 2 feet and still rising. Was down 9. May not get full from this flood, but should rise 5 or 6 feet.

Granbury is currently at 689.72. Full is 692.5 (technically 693, but it's always kept at 692.5). Water is still running at over 7000 cubic feet per second on the Brazos River at Dennis, Tx above Lake Granbury. It usually runs through there at about 150 CFS, so I think we may get really close to full even with more rain.

BUT, it looks like this huge low pressure will bring more rain tonight. That will for sure bring us up to full.

Sadly, PK has only come up about a half foot, and it's 14 feet low. To have water all summer (last time was 2010), all three lakes (PK, Granbury, and Whitney) need to be full on Memorial Day Weekend.

As an example, both Granbury and Whitney were full Memorial Day in 2012, but I couldn't get the boat out of the slip after 07/11. Why? PK was 7 feet low on Memorial Day.

The BRA is a problem, but the drought is a much bigger one. Plus, what the BRA did in 2008 can't be undone. I just wish they would at least pretend to listen to lake residents. They don't, and make no bones about the fact that they own the water and will do with it what they see fit. It has really cost them in public perception.

But they really don't care.

I'll just be glad to dust off the old boat this weekend and take her for a careful spin around the lake.

And thank you, Lord, for the replenishing rains that have accompanied the lastest El Niño.

And there is your Brazos Rivershed update, people.

Looks like you are at 691.47 not very far to go.

Lake Bridgeport down about 22'

Ya, my brother lives on Lake Worth and is affected by Bridgeport. They have not been as blessed as Parker and Hood County when it comes to rainfall.

And there is an 80% chance of thunderstorms every day next Tuesday through Friday.

Good things

Ya, my brother lives on Lake Worth and is affected by Bridgeport. They have not been as blessed as Parker and Hood County when it comes to rainfall.

And there is an 80% chance of thunderstorms every day next Tuesday through Friday.

Good things

Affected by Lake Bridgeport.... That's one way to put it.

Nice photos Rick, I believe they are calling for more rain for most of next week. At the moment Granbury is showing 691.76 so just over a foot or so to be full officially. I saw Mike posted they keep it about a half foot lower normally so 3/4 of a foot from that point. It is great to see the water levels on many of these lakes back up after three years, hopefully the rest will be up soon.