'16 DB Caesar Williams (SGP)

Harry

With a potential offer looming for Williams, and with Tech seemingly in a good spot with the prospect, is there enough mutual interest for him to take another unofficial visit to Lubbock? The answer is yes, though he plans on visiting other schools as well.

"I plan on visiting Tech again, I loved it up there. I plan on visiting Missouri, I'm supposed to go up to UNT this morning, I plan on going to Baylor, coming down to Texas and try to get their interest higher with me. Tulsa, and that's about it for right now."

In addition to taking another unofficial to Lubbock, Williams plans on attending one of the Dallas-Fort Worth summer satellite camps that Tech hosts each year.

Read more: http://texastech.scout.com/story/1538388-williams-talks-texas-tech

• 8 months later...
5 minutes ago, MEEN2018 said:

UNT offered yesterday:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Caesar_Austin/status/688158584723517440

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2629817/caesar-williams

http://247sports.com/Player/Caesar-Williams-38592

Bet he goes to Wisconsin but seems like he would get buried on that depth chart and be able to make an impact early here instead.

For the love. Can we get these kids to quit putting pics o DMAC up, wait that should be something that's done by the AD. Making sure your first pictures or links to pop are what you want. Yes it costs but it's worth it! 

People said the same thing about both Orr brothers and both have been busy making plays since they stepped on campus. 

• Upvote 3

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's silly for people to assume that when we go head to head with P5s for a 3-star that he's destined to ride the bench if he chooses the P5 school.

Every P5 school in the country has had plenty of 3-stars become key players, including Alabama. Every P5 all conference team has 3-stars. Like @GMG24said, people were saying the same thing about the Orr brothers. The choice is not ride the pine there or be a 4-year starter here. Get used to legitimately going after kids with one or more P5 offers, and sometimes them choosing P5. And some of those guys going on to start at P5 schools.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's silly for people to assume that when we go head to head with P5s for a 3-star that he's destined to ride the bench if he chooses the P5 school.

Every P5 school in the country has had plenty of 3-stars become key players, including Alabama. Every P5 all conference team has 3-stars. Like @GMG24said, people were saying the same thing about the Orr brothers. The choice is not ride the pine there or be a 4-year starter here. Get used to legitimately going after kids with one or more P5 offers, and sometimes them choosing P5. And some of those guys going on to start at P5 schools.

No I wasn't saying that. Just was raised a MSU fan because my dad's family all went there and see Wisconsin play a lot. Always just have great players. 

11 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Dude, I don't remember seeing much des white at TCU has he done much? I sure would like to see what he could do running an offense. 

Just now, BillySee58 said:

He's their punt returner

Yeah that and some slot I saw, just thought he had some juice and would make more plays for them. Did you even entertain him being our QB at all? I did only bc I couldn't see it being worse than the other jokers we had. 

56 minutes ago, MEEN2018 said:

No I wasn't saying that. Just was raised a MSU fan because my dad's family all went there and see Wisconsin play a lot. Always just have great players. 

It's been a thing for years on this board. Not one isolated comment. Yeah, they're a great team, but they had a 2-star freshman LB play a lot for them this year. Zach Orr's little brother, who we offered. People were making it sound like he'd never play there. And, again, pretty much happens every time.

They've also had plenty of great players who weren't highly recruited. Even walkons like JJ Watt and Jared Abbrederis.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Yeah that and some slot I saw, just thought he had some juice and would make more plays for them. Did you even entertain him being our QB at all? I did only bc I couldn't see it being worse than the other jokers we had. 

No, not QB. It's one thing when we consider a 6' QB being undersized. He's half a foot shorter than that. He could've been better than our QBs, but still not what we need. Ready for those standards to raise, haha

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

I think as a 3 star recruit or any rating you would be better off studying who is on the team ahead of you and how many players have committed at your position. Kinda commen sense.

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

I think as a 3 star recruit or any rating you would be better off studying who is on the team ahead of you and how many players have committed at your position. Kinda commen sense.

Of course all kids should look at the depth charts of the schools they're considering. But at the same time, these kids want to make it to the NFL. They aren't going to make it to the NFL just because they chose a school where the playing time came by easier. 

Edited by BillySee58

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Of course all kids should look at the depth charts of the schools they're considering. But at the same time, these kids want to make it to the NFL. They aren't going to make it to the NFL just because they chose a school where the playing time came by easier. 

Never about easier but it is about where you will be given the opporortunity! 

34 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If a guy doesn't believe he has the ability to create the opportunity, and once he does, seize it...  I don't know if we should be interested in him at all, no matter who else is interested.

Look at the Qb from TCU ! Another school he may have gotten on opportunity, to play! 

• Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Look at the Qb from TCU ! Another school he may have gotten on opportunity, to play! 

He went to 3 different colleges, actually.

Again, yes kids should look at the depth chart. Yes you're correct that there's more of a chance for opportunity for a G5 team than most P5 teams. But it's silly for people on this board (not saying you) to automatically assume players will ride the pine If they choose a P5 team over us.

Those assumptions have happened in the past quite frequently with players we go after who choose the P5 school. 

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

He went to 3 different colleges, actually.

Again, yes kids should look at the depth chart. Yes you're correct that there's more of a chance for opportunity for a G5 team than most P5 teams. But it's silly for people on this board (not saying you) to automatically assume players will ride the pine If they choose a P5 team over us.

Those assumptions have happened in the past quite frequently with players we go after who choose the P5 school. 

Bowman Sells the Houston commit has a high chance of having splinters in his butt for the next three years! He is probably an exception because in most situations it is not as obvious.  New about the different colleges for the TCU kid. Saw where Hollywood wants to make a Rudy type movie about the kid . Now that is an Opportunity the kid never saw coming! GMG

• 2 weeks later...