We made national news!

And looked stupid again...

The people complaining about Abbott have embarrassed UNT as we thought they would. The Kelly File on Fox News is supposed to report it tonight on her show. Classless while UNT brags up diversity all the time. I hope I'm wrong and this doesn't air...

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

In fairness, this probably shouldn't be national news and Fox news scopes out these types of stories on purpose.

So no other news station scopes stories that shouldn't be national news??? Ok...sure...

• Upvote 2

In reality it's a very small portion of intolerant A-hole students.

The problem is that small group is taking a large crap and making the whole place look like sh$t.

Whatever happened to the diversity UNT always talked up? I wish someone would ask these champs why only their sides deserves a voice. Typical...

• Upvote 2

Not too concerned about what Fox viewers think of us.

No doubt you aren't, student.

Adults in the workforce who graduated from UNT may have a far different opinion about a national news story showing their alma mater in a negative light.

#keepemdisconnected

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

No doubt you aren't, student.

Adults in the workforce who graduated from UNT may have a far different opinion about a national news story showing their alma mater in a negative light.

#keepemdisconnected

doesn't Ryan also hold a job working for the ticket office or some-such?

either way, I've twenty-bucks-american that says at least a handful of these protesters are both students AND members of this work-force of which you speak so indignantly.

so, how about you stop over-inflating your self-importance as a hard-working adult...especially given that a sizable chunk of your 19,158 posts must have come on company time, so A. your job clearly ain't anywhere near as important as you make it out to be, and B. it, or any other, isn't the least bit affected by these protests.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I don't think "every alumni shares my viewpoint," but I do think most alumni over 30 who have had to listen to varied opinions, value varied opinions, and respect the right for people to have those opinions. Otherwise, they probably aren't in the workplace or are at an entry level position for life.

I think all of these people are embarrassed by the LOCAL stories they most likely have seen, or have had coworkers bring up to them, regardless of their political slant. Kinda like many of our liberal posters have posted in threads about this subject.

You seem to think that every alumni of UNT is a far left wing liberal who wants to silence the right of anyone that disagrees with them, even to give a non-political speech.

You really need to get out in the real world a bit more...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I work in marketing, and also in advising. Two jobs. And am finishing my masters. And before that I used to commute 30 minutes one way working a full time job at Magnolia Home Theater while I was going to school. My family lives halfway across the country. Definitely in the workforce.

Was that commute uphill in the snow both ways?
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1