'16 OL TJ Fiailoa (Oklahoma)

6'4" 330 lb offensive lineman from MacArthur high school in Lawton, Oklahoma. We have offered. Also holds 1 other offer, from Utah State. Plays tackle but could project to guard in college.

Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3181813/tj-fiailoa

https://rivals.yahoo.com/byu/football/recruiting/player-T.J.-Fiailoa-164775

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

He is following coach Littrell on Twitter now too. Think this guy would be a great addition to this class. Definitely agree that he projects as a guard. He seems like Jordan Murray as in they both are guys where putting them in that college weight room could do wonders. Both have huge frames so just shedding some of that bad weight and adding muscle could make them beasts, especially in C-USA. I could definitely get used to a left side of the oline containing those 2 in a few years!

• Upvote 2

He is following coach Littrell on Twitter now too. Think this guy would be a great addition to this class. Definitely agree that he projects as a guard. He seems like Jordan Murray as in they both are guys where putting them in that college weight room could do wonders. Both have huge frames so just shedding some of that bad weight and adding muscle could make them beasts, especially in C-USA. I could definitely get used to a left side of the oline containing those 2 in a few years!

Lawdy lawd. Kid is a monster in the run game. 

• Upvote 2

6'4" 330 lb offensive lineman from MacArthur high school in Lawton, Oklahoma. We have offered. Also holds 1 other offer, from Utah State. Plays tackle but could project to guard in college.

Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3181813/tj-fiailoa

https://rivals.yahoo.com/byu/football/recruiting/player-T.J.-Fiailoa-164775

with that kind of power and size could he benroll switched to a DT 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

oh my bad i didn't realize power and strength weren't qualities of successful DT. I was referring to the comments about him not being quick enough to work in Littrell/ leach wide splits. i  just thought he would have the power and size to clog running lanes which UNT could use the last few years.

I'm not sure that Littrell uses those crazy wide 4 foot splits Leach did. However I also don't see this kid playing tackle.  He seems to me that if the dude isn't in his body frame he has a hard time blocking. Also that film was impressive however the guy was blocking looked like they were 180 pounds.  I wouldn't mind a conversation about him moving to DL, however I agree with Billy, it is more about having the feet along with the other elements needed to look at switching someone to dline. He would have to be a 1 technique. Or Nose if we go 3-4 

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure that Littrell uses those crazy wide 4 foot splits Leach did. However I also don't see this kid playing tackle.  He seems to me that if the dude isn't in his body frame he has a hard time blocking. Also that film was impressive however the guy was blocking looked like they were 180 pounds.  I wouldn't mind a conversation about him moving to DL, however I agree with Billy, it is more about having the feet along with the other elements needed to look at switching someone to dline. He would have to be a 1 technique. Or Nose if we go 3-4 

I agree with that. I am more optimistic that this staff will be able to put players in position to maximize their potential

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...