LSU Recruiting

Cooley

While waiting on Vito to break a story:

LSU's Basketball's class is really impressive! Had they not had 2 kids declare for the draft, they might have been something special next year. Ben Simmons is one of the better looking players I have seen in a long long time. Will be the best player in college basketball next year and clearly the #1 pick in the NBA the following year. We now get to see if Johnny Jones can coach.

Pressure is now on LSU coach Johnny Jones to coach up a monster class of Ben Simmons, Antonio Blakeney & Brandon Sampson.

— Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria)

April 20, 2015
Edited by Cooley
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If those 2 kids had stayed, they would have been a preseason top 5 team.

As it is, they will be hella good, although young, next year.

JJ was always a better recruiter than a coach. He deserved better than the fate handed to him in the NCAA 1st round, though.

• Upvote 2

JJ was always a better recruiter than a coach. He deserved better than the fate handed to him in the NCAA 1st round, though.

Probably doesn't play out the same if they had finished off Auburn in the SEC tournament. That late game melt down could be chalked up to his coaching at least as much as the players.
  • Upvote 1

Why are you always beating up on coaches who have left UNT? Don't you know what that looks like? LOL!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Well, if LSU wins all of its games (with this class) and UNT wins out, we may see them in the Final Four. Never too early to scout the opponent. Besides, this is more interesting than the color of TCU's uniform(s).

Edited by Cooley
  • Upvote 1

Well, if LSU wins all of its games (with this class) and UNT wins out, we may see them in the Final Four. Never too early to scout the opponent. Besides, this is more interesting than the color of TCU's uniform(s).

I give you that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

JJ is part of Mean Green basketball legacy, and to me that does not get negated by the fact that he is helping out another school. I consider former coaches pretty much in the same realm as alumni student-athletes. I like to know what they're up to.

There are some coaches I would not mind forgettting, but I try not to harp on another poster if they start a VH1-Where-Are-They-Now-ish thread.

• Upvote 7

Why do we care what LSU does or does not do? No impact on UNT at all. I imagine LSU has their own sports fan board. Seems better served on that board.

Doesn't that make LSU basketball at least equal to what buffoon Benny has turned UNT basketball into?

• Upvote 4

So, let me get this straight. We can have threads that run two pages talking about Todd Dodge taking a high school coaching job but we can't discuss a guy who DIDN'T take a steaming crap all over one of our sports programs?

Well, you know, Todd Dodge has repeatedly stated that given the chance, he'd come back in a heartbeat. I think there are still a lingering few holding out hope that happens.

So, let me get this straight. We can have threads that run two pages talking about Todd Dodge taking a high school coaching job but we can't discuss a guy who DIDN'T take a steaming crap all over one of our sports programs?

He's actually the ONLY coach in the last 20 years who hasn't taken a huge steaming crap on the program by the time they left Denton...but I forgot that we never, ever mention Hayden Fry around here and the success he had after he left UNT to go to Iowa.

• Upvote 1