Brice named DMN third team all-area

GreenBat

With the spring signing period right around the corner, there are more kids announcing their intent to transfer than announcing their commitments. There are a number of big Juco's on the market. The #5 ranked Juco (on one list) is Kimani Jackson of New Mexico JC. Was high school teammates with Greg Wesley (Arlington Sequin). Signed with Louisiana Lafayette out of high school. Has bulked up to 6-8, 230. UNT was in talks with him weekly during the fall but never offered. I'm not sure if they are still interested but their sights might be on someone better.

There were 700 transfers last year. The list is already up to 300. A few of these guys will be available immediately. As someone pointed out recently, we generally don't know about our prospects until later in the process. It's a critical class for Benford and I'm sure he's talking to every possible impact kid.

There seems to be some interest in Shakir Brown (Angelina JC) Offer extended at the SF position. Only 6-5 but seems to have a pretty good game with a big body. Doesn't appear to be athletic enough for me.

• Upvote 1

Williams waited around and tried committing to San Diego State and the offer was already taken by another recruit. He wanted the big 12 sec offer and never jumped on really good offers. I would not be surprised if many of his are still valid. Seems like a good kid, watched him play several times this year and definitely would not mind him at UNT.