Brice named DMN third team all-area

GreenBat

I think if he'd played at a public school (or larger private) he would have made the 2nd team. Then again, if he had, he probably wouldn't have signed with us.

Saw a nice picture of him today with TCU's starting center and their AAU coach. If someone can tell me how to post a picture I will. Also, I can't copy and paste to do the twitter post. Maybe some one can post it here (from Daheat1Nation)

• Upvote 1

Thank you sir! I never thought that he was a legit 7ft until I saw this picture. Shepard is 6-10

I am still going to need NT90 to stand by him so we can know for sure....

I am also going to need GMG24 to do the same, but flex his muscles so we can make sure that he is not to skinny.

Until then we all know NT90 is taller and GMG24 is more muscular....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am also going to need GMG24 to do the same, but flex his muscles so we can make sure that he is not to skinny.

I did. In the club at a football game last year. He isn't 7', but is a solid 6'9", maybe even 6'10".

Could he have grown 2 inches since then? Possible, but pretty unlikely.

The bigger issue was his weight at that point. He was pretty skinny. This picture gives me hope he has put on a good 15 to 20lbs since then, but doesn't the camera add 15 pounds?

• Downvote 3

instructions on copying and pasting tweet.

1). Open tweet by left clicking your mouse any open area in the tweet box.

2). The tweet will open up and provide a "details" link below the tweet text and to the right of the date.

3). Click "details" and it will list the tweet you want to copy by itself on the page.

4). Copy that code in the address bar, ie it looks like like "https://twitter.com/Uvelll Zell/status/582202157501280256"

5). Paste that exact code here on GMG just like you would in a normal post -- no need to click twitter button -- just paste it and post and you are good.

instructions on copying and pasting tweet.

1). Open tweet by left clicking your mouse any open area in the tweet box.

2). The tweet will open up and provide a "details" link below the tweet text and to the right of the date.

3). Click "details" and it will list the tweet you want to copy by itself on the page.

4). Copy that code in the address bar, ie it looks like like "https://twitter.com/Uvelll Zell/status/582202157501280256"

5). Paste that exact code here on GMG just like you would in a normal post -- no need to click twitter button -- just paste it and post and you are good.

How do you load pictures? Every time I ever try it says the file is too large.

Maybe you could help him learn how to get over a "sprained" ankle

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Cooley, I also believe he will contribute early, but lets define contribute. I am thinking somewhere along the lines of 16-22 minutes, 6-8 rebounds (strictly off of length, and positioning) and 4 points a game. Your thoughts?

The hard part for me is I coached against this kid in MS, then again when he was a JR and while he did get stronger much of his game was the same. I did not watch him play this past year so it may be an unfair evaluation.

I think GMG24 has his predicted stats about right. I think the points will be a tad higher though. Expect to see 2-4 points the first quarter of the year, but it will slowly increase as he finds his confort level and stays injury free. I think he'll average 25 minutes, 6-7 points and about 6 rebounds for the year. He'll have good games where he'll drop 15-17 points vs guard oriented teams and he'll struggle vs teams with experienced bigs.

Cooley, do you think he will be able to keep up and down the court at the d1 level right away? Not saying he is or was the player just basing my evaluations off what I saw. I am excited to get him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think the #1 priority with the 2-3 scholarships remaining is to find another big man in the middle to help him out. Ideally, you don't want to count on a true freshman, from a lower level TAPPS program, to come in to solve your center issues. He's not a Karl Anthony Towns or Willie Cauley-Stein of Kentucky. He is, however, a better 6-10 (or taller) prospect than what we've had in recent history. (See Justin Howerton, Justin Barnett and Unjel Masters)

Hopefully, we can find a Shawnson Johnson type impact guy to help him in his transition. I'd be satisfied with 20 minute per game his freshman year. Brice stated that his goal at UNT is to become the best big man in school history. Doesn't appear to be a cocky kid but illustrates his personal expectations.

Edited by Cooley
  • Upvote 3

Yeah, surely there aren't any kids that would fit that mold running around DFW.... :roadrage:

Josh Hawley 6'6" from MacArthur I am not sure but I would guess he'll grow another inch or two before its all said and done. True shot blocker and rim runner. Loved watching him play.

• Downvote 1

Benford will have to pull a rabbit out of the hat... most of the immediate impact guys are committed elsewhere. In years past he was able to take some chances but this time around he REALLY needs to strike gold. It will be very interesting to see how it plays out. My guess is we will see a late qualifying juco or an immediately eligible graduate type scenario.