According to my buddy Rick Barnes out at UT

Harry

Good for Barnes for having a sack and not canning all of his assistants to save his hide. I'd bet he ends up at the other UT, in Tennessee.

Yep...am thinking you are correct. I think Barnes lands quickly at Tennessee and takes an assistant or two with him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Benford is basically a poor man's Barnes. Both are considered good/decent recruiters that can't seem to get the most out of their players (i.e. coach). Barnes coming here would be like getting June Jones or the pirate to coach the football team. He would not give two shits about results or what people thought.

We need to focus on finding up and comers that are happy to be here and will bust their arse to try and win.

Edited by greenit
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Benford is basically a poor man's Barnes. Both are considered good/decent recruiters that can't seem to get the most out of their players (i.e. coach). Barnes coming here would be like getting June Jones or the pirate to coach the football team. He would not give two shits about results or what people thought.

We need to focus on finding up and comers that are happy to be here and will bust their arse to try and win.

Completely disagree. He would care and he would do well here. If you saw any of the quotes or video of his press conference yesterday you'd believe the same thing. Hiring Barnes would vault us to the top tier in CUSA basketball.

He will be hired quickly by someone. He will have who ever he is coaching in the tourney next year.

He will have who ever he is coaching in the tourney next year.

That's a bit of a stretch. The other orange TU isn't good enough to make the tournament next year and Barnes wouldn't have enough time to really recruit for next season.

Give him a couple of years and he will be dancing again (assuming he remains in coaching of course).

I would love to have Barnes here. I don't quite understand how any UNT fan wouldn't want him here over what we have had lately.

We'd take him in a heartbeat. But we're sticking with what we've got so it's not even an option. And like many said, he's going to have a lot of options. First-class dude that basically put Texas basketball on the map.

I am pretty sure I called that :)

Well, me too! But let'ps be honest...it was published by the DMN as a rumor before either you or I mentioned it here.

And, sure, UNT would love him as a HC, but no way our fan base would be willing to step up with the cash to pay his salary. Got lots of folks who can talk big time though. Just sayin......

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Well, me too! But let'ps be honest...it was published by the DMN as a rumor before either you or I mentioned it here.

And, sure, UNT would love him as a HC, but no way our fan base would be willing to step up with the cash to pay his salary. Got lots of folks who can talk big time though. Just sayin......

And that's a failure of your AD to raise the money.

Just sayin...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And that's a failure of your AD to raise the money.

Just sayin...

Only at North Texas! Let someone else do it....keep leading the charge in giving folks excuses! Only at North Texas where everything is always someone elses's responsibility.

Talk to me about all the people I have emailed, phoned, and written to just in the last few months to help with a Mean Green Club membership...even at the $25 level. I could write the best comedy novel in the world with all the excuses...yes they are excuses...why they won't join. And, how many have told me to my face that they would, but have not.

Yep...all RV's fault. Got ya! Check! Only at North Texas where talk is big and cheap but action lacks. But, keep up that UNT needs to be BIG TIME stuff. Sounds great.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2