MGB: Benford declines comment on post-game incident

I remember when Tristan was in Johhny's dog house for a long time for not playing defense and taking to many shots. He sat for probably 8 games (counting the half games he was benched for good). He still managed to go down as the 5th or 6th leading scorer in school history. That worked out and Tristan just sat out games and got right back to it. I'm hoping that this is what can happen here. Whoever was involved can move on and step up big next game! We got two more games and then the conference tournament. Let's keep it together and win!

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I imagine the talk with Benford after the incident went something like this exchange from Crimson Tide.

Hunter: Rivetti, what's up?

Petty Officer First Class Danny Rivetti: I'm sorry, Sir. It's just a difference of opinion that got out of hand.

Hunter: What about?

Petty Officer First Class Danny Rivetti: It's really too silly to talk about, Sir. I'd really just forget about...

Hunter: I don't give a damn about what you'd rather forget about. Why were you two fighting?

Petty Officer First Class Danny Rivetti: I said, the Kirby Silver Surfer was the only real Silver Surfer. And that the Moebius Silver Surfer was shit. And Bennefield's a big Moebius fan. And it got of hand. I pushed him. He pushed me. I lost my head, Sir. I'm Sorry.

Hunter: Rivetti, you're a supervisor. You can get a commission like that.

[snaps finger]

Petty Officer First Class Danny Rivetti: I know, Sir. You're 100 percent right. It will never happen again.

Hunter: It better not happen again. If I see this kind of nonsense again, I'm going to write you up. You understand?

Petty Officer First Class Danny Rivetti: [No answer]

Hunter: Do you understand?

Petty Officer First Class Danny Rivetti: Yes, Sir.

Hunter: You have to set an example even in the face of stupidity. Everybody who reads comic books knows that the Kirby Silver Surfer is the only true Silver Surfer. Now am I right or wrong?

Petty Officer First Class Danny Rivetti: You're right, Sir.

Hunter: Now get out of here.

Petty Officer First Class Danny Rivetti: Yes, Sir.

• Upvote 2

I was sitting right behind the UNT bench during the game.

Harris was insubordinate and disrespectful. When Benford took him out of the game, he ran his mouth at Benford and the assistant coaches. He slapped away the hands of his teammates and initially refused to leave the bench during a timeout.

He is clearly a cancer and my hope is that Benford will send him back to Milwaukee.

Everyone else seems to have bought in and the team is playing together. Harris needs to go.

• Upvote 5

Harris was insubordinate and disrespectful. When Benford took him out of the game, he ran his mouth at Benford and the assistant coaches. He slapped away the hands of his teammates and initially refused to leave the bench during a timeout.

He is clearly a cancer and my hope is that Benford will send him back to Milwaukee.

Everyone else seems to have bought in and the team is playing together. Harris needs to go.

What were his facial expressions like? This stuff is important...

• Upvote 2

I was trying to read lips on my inter web screen and it looked like Deandre was asking Benford how he could go 12-20 with the most talented team in UNT history, to which some of the other players responded, you have no idea how many cans of seals (screen got a little blurry, not sure if I got this part right) were on that team and that we were lucky to win 12.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Oh boy. So did you see the tire tracks across Harris' back from your seats? Or will they wait until the end of the year before throwing him under the bus?

• Downvote 1