DRC: Dunham to make final radio call tonight

Brett Vito

George is my wife's favorite Ticket personality.

So, when she found out that if she came to hot springs with me she might get a picture with George Dunham, she was in for staying the week in Hot Spring, Ark. I was then obligated to get her a picture with George Dunham. This meant waiting to talk to George before a game, until after he was done talking to his broadcast partner for the tourney games, Brad Sham. I asked her if she wanted a picture with Brad Sham too, and her response was, who is Brad Shame? George, of course, obliged and he was very gracious. I remember thinking that other SunBelt fans (mostly ArkyState fans) were probably completely oblivious to the greatness before them in George and Brad as a broadcast team, and how lucky the Mean Green fanbase was to have both of them to listen to. Having that guy as a member of the Mean Green Family, from a broadcast perspective, really means a lot. He is a well respected radio personality by people who are not only in this market.

I often wondered how that guy did it. He would do a show on the Ticket, broadcast a basketball tourney game, and then do another show on the Ticket the next morning. He was tireless. He loves his job and loves his team. I love my team and have had some abnormal work hours over the years, and I know how little sleep I got. But, that guy wakes up at VERY abnormal times to be at a place where he is at the top of his game every morning, writing bits and preparing for anything that is thrown at him> AND,he probably goes back to sleep and then wakes up to do UNT basketball? He has short patience for e-brake of the week voters, but who could blame him with the schedule he keeps?

UNT will be VERY hard pressed to find someone like that to take over.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 2