Charlotte (2/26/15)

Mean_Green09

Leading to best student turnout in years.

Notice that the student section was still only as loud as when it's just five rows of students standing.

But anyhow, what a turnaround! 16-point loss to a 16-point victory and a great way to send George Dunham out! I was afraid that this would be another LA Tech game where we couldn't miss in the first half but struggled to the finish line. However, we played a consistent game and I'm proud of the team! And we were soooo close to a free car wash, too, but it was like the basket said, "BAM! Not in this water crisis!"

• Upvote 1

It's still baffling to me how we can't handle a full court press.

Too much dribbling into traps.

Waiting for the pressure and press to set up.

Need better screens set when it's a full court man to man.

Call out the traps when they are random.

No true PG.

Need better passes. To many times we get lackadaisical with them. Have to be strong with the ball.

• Upvote 2

Can't handle full court press because passing and moving without the basketball is a lost art in the game today.

True that! I feed off of working off the ball. You hustle off the ball and you will find your shot. If you do not have the ball you need to be moving and setting screens.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I thought the tribute to George Dunham was 1st class. Amazing to hear from all the NT connections in the sports media around DFW and the state.

As for as the game is concerned, I thought everyone played well (other than Voss tonight) . I think the team is playing as well as they can play. Benford seems to know this team much better than his previous teams. I also agreed with his substitutions and frequency. What a difference a year can make! They are much better playing man to man the entire game.

Really excited about what next year can look like with the 3 guard lineup of Harris, Anifiok and Reese on the floor together.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 6

I thought the tribute to George Dunham was 1st class. Amazing to hear from all the NT connections in the sports media around DFW and the state.

As for as the game is concerned, I thought everyone played well (other than Voss tonight) . I think the team is playing as well as they can play. Benford seems to know this team much better than his previous teams. I also agreed with his substitutions and frequency. What a difference a year can make! They are much better playing man to man the entire game.

Really excited about what next year can look like with the 3 guard lineup of Harris, Anifiok and Reese on the floor together.

Go Mean Green!

Question on next year Cooley... Benford has what 2 spots left to give, depending on TJ's status? My question is this, with Reese and the big fella Bryce what do you see Benford doing with the remaining ships? Another wildcard is how good is Carrington Ward going to be?

Question on next year Cooley... Benford has what 2 spots left to give, depending on TJ's status? My question is this, with Reese and the big fella Bryce what do you see Benford doing with the remaining ships? Another wildcard is how good is Carrington Ward going to be?

Brice and Brown*. Both are named JaMichael (J'Mychal) so that'll be confusing. I'm not Cooley, but Ward did not show much this year to really expect much from him.

TJ Taylor, though not a true point guard, has been huge for us, bridging the gap until Reese gets eligible next year. This team is playing well and he's a huge reason.

• Upvote 3

I think most people would say we need 2 guys who can score. We need a spot up knock down outside shooter and we need a guy who can drive it and shoot from downtown. If your offense is gonna revolve around Combs & Byrce you better have shooters to spread the floor. I think we have one Harris, but you need at least 2 on the floor. Also need Combs to get that mid range J down. Can't have two bigs on the block. Voss and his ability to hit the mid range J has opened things up a bit for Combs to avoid doubles and congestion. Like tonight Voss has Thorne on him. Thorne respected his J so he had to come out and defend away from the basket. It opened up the post and driving lanes for our guys. Edited by Mean_Green09
  • Upvote 2

I think we have to sign another big man. (A 6-9, ready to play, Juco would be great) I love what I see in Brice but he will be a pup. I do see him as an impact player fairly quickly. I don't think Combs will get much better unless he can find 20 pounds. We badly need a small forward to replace Jordan. That would have been Greg Wesley's slot. We are so guard heavy that I don't see a need there. There appears to be an offer out there to the Mansfield Lake Ridge point guard. (Woolridge) I saw him last night and am not interested. Don't we have 3 scholarships available? I don't know if all the guys on the roster are on ships, right? Kinda hoping White-Pittman gets homesick.

• Upvote 2