Rivalry

MCMLXXX

If Bowie had followed the orders of his superiors, removed what artillery they could transport, and destroyed the Alamo, the lives of those 256 Texians needn't had been lost.

And if Santa Anna had of listened to Billy Bob Thornton, he wouldn't have gotten a$$ kicked by Dennis Quaid.

There are two sides to every coin.

Would the Texians have won if they were defending the Alamodome instead of the Alamo? Could Santa Ana's troops have been convinced to lay down their arms for a Bucket of Chicken? These are questions left for historians. However the issue of a rivalry must be settled by fans.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

According to coach, it's not a rivalry if you're getting your ass handed to you year after year. I suggest we just win one against the Texicans.

Yea remember MAC SAID SMU IS NOT A RIVAL SO UTSA MUST REALLY BE NOT A RIVAL SINCE WE HAVE NEVER BEAT THEM. It is pure MAC BS if we don't consider either one a rival! Just WIN Baby or you are just another big Loser! Prove it on the field motivate your team and win then we can talk about rivalry otherwise find a Division II RIVAL!

• Downvote 1

RV mentioned, at the signing day presentation, that the student governments of UNT and UTSA were working on creating a trophy to play for each year, in order to cement a rivalry between the two schools. Apparently the leading candidate is the Sombrero Trophy. I don't know if this has been mentioned or for that matter if anyone cares. I am all in favor of a rivalry but not so much a trophy shaped like a Sombrero. I have no idea if they are seeking any input from other sources.

This is not only stupid but also offensive. Sombreros have no history in Texas, despite their promotion in San Antonio for tourists. They are a tradition of Mexico. Something like the "Chisholm Trail Trophy" would be much better, and call the series the "Range War".

I'd much prefer a rivalry trophy with Rice and/or SMU. When we joined C-USA our hopes were to develop strong rivalries with Rice, Tulsa, Tulane, and UTEP. We believed we could dominate UTSA for at least the first few seasons. Now we want to label it a rivalry. To me that is quite a stretch. Shouldn't we actually beat them before we label the series a rivalry?

• Upvote 1

MGB: UTSA has a chance to complete sweep of UNT in revenue sports on Saturday

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2015/03/friday-night-notes-unt-looks-to-avoid-utsa-revenue-sweep-et-cetera.html/

For those who don't follow basketball as closely, we did finish 0-5 on the year against UTSA in the revenue sports. We also finished 0-5 on the year against UTEP in the revenue sports, for a combined 0-10 against the two University of Texas branch schools in our conference. Edited by BillySee58

For those who don't follow basketball as closely, we did finish 0-5 on the year against UTSA in the revenue sports. We also finished 0-5 on the year against UTEP in the revenue sports, for a combined 0-10 against the two University of Texas branch schools in our conference.

WOOSH

• Upvote 1

For those who don't follow basketball as closely, we did finish 0-5 on the year against UTSA in the revenue sports. We also finished 0-5 on the year against UTEP in the revenue sports, for a combined 0-10 against the two University of Texas branch schools in our conference.

So that means that we were swept by a program who's AD has said in the past that she would just as soon not have football at the school, AND we got our a$$es handed to us in football by a program that subsequently dropped football.

Here's more about UTSA's AD........

http://www.goutsa.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=13100&ATCLID=613789

Edited by SilverEagle

This says it all....the state of our basketball program at UNT. This torques me to no end. Damn you Rick Villareal!!!!!

• Upvote 2