GMG.com Classic V Player Advisement

Harry

1. Don't plan anything for the day after the game possibly the week...

2. When you get a board, do NOT try to put in on the floor. A machete of arms will start slapping you like a bitch and the refs won't call it.

3. Repeat after me... PASS THE BALL....PASS THE BALL.

4. When a steal is made and they have open court to your basket do yourself a favor, stand in place. You'll appreciate this in the latter parts of the game when you feel like you need an IV.

5. For shits and grins, if anyone out there could get us access to an oxygen mask it would be appreciated and make for some very funny pictures.

6. Who ever is coach should consider double teaming the point guard "Rico". He was MVP last year and will return again this year.

7. You may have been a good shooter back in the day. But you are older now and you are a coach potato. You will realize quickly, even if you are hitting the 3's consistently in warm-ups, you will start shooting blanks after running full court for 3 minutes... mix in a board now and again it will help your team

8. Sit by Thor on the bench as he has good refreshments

9. Buddy up with the referees before the game with a 20 spot and you will get some calls.

10. REPEAT AFTER ME KEEP THE BALL OFF THE FLOOR... IF YOU PUT THE BALL ON THE FLOOR 9 TIMES OUT OF 10 IT WILL BE STOLEN>>>AND YOU WILL NOT GET CALLS!

Number 3 is the key. There was less ball movement than bad rec leauge games. I let NT90 have Rico and not to concerned. I think someone can guard him.

And again..... Pass the ball! LOL. It really was like 1 on 5 at times.

you let 90 have rico??? and you think someone can guard him??? shit...

and great advice harry...always good times!

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 1

you let 90 have rico??? and you think someone can guard him??? shit...

and great advice harry...always good times!

If my buddy makes the game he will do it and if not then I guess I will. There are plenty of guys at la fitness and who play at work who are just as good if not better an it's never been an issues. Plus last year he didn't shoot well. He took it to the hole 9 out of 10 times an thats wha e have you for. Block that!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

do we know which teams we are on already or is there some back door trading going on?

I just made sure you and GMG24 were on the same team and opposite of me since he wanted that. And Im fine with not having Rico. No official rosters but I did let not 90 know who I plan on not drafting haha.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If my buddy makes the game he will do it and if not then I guess I will. There are plenty of guys at la fitness and who play at work who are just as good if not better an it's never been an issues. Plus last year he didn't shoot well. He took it to the hole 9 out of 10 times an thats wha e have you for. Block that!

I'm not supposed to trash talk my team...but...you aren't containing that dude...good luck!

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...