Lamont Johnson

Coach Davis

i would like to see UNT make a late push for him! He just decommited from SMwho this week. Probably the fact that they had three more receivers commit with in the last few weeks. i know we already had Bendy, Thompson and Brantley committed at the moment. We did lose two receivers from our class last year already so we might could use one more. He does have a Nike verified 4.3 forty time so surely we could find some spot for him on the field

http://247sports.com/Player/Lamont-Johnson-67022

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3484867/lamont-johnson

Just don't think he's a D1 mid-major. Was shocked when SMU offered. Dropped too many passes and only made the easy catches. I would prefer LaDaryl Blair over him but he committed early to Boise State. I think I only missed about 4 games this year. He was just OK but nothing special. There was a noticeable drop off at the WR position behind JF Thomas.

GMG24, do you scout for anyone in particular of just as a hobby?

Edited by Cooley

Featherstone Jr.? What's Johnny Quinn up to now? He should be on staff to teach these kids how to catch the ball. Instead, they watch Odell Beckham Jr., and the like, making one handed catches. Just like other sports, they try to make the highlight reel catch and forgef abouf fundamentals. That may not be Johnson's issue with the drops, but it is for many.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Downvote 1