Dave Campbell’s Winter Edition highlights

Harry

The winter edition of Dave Campells Texas Football is coming out in the next few days. Since I write for the magazine, a copy came early in the mail today.

It has some good stuff in it, so be sure to pick it up.

Here are a couple of tidbits:

- See more at: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2015/01/dave-campbells-winter-edition-highlights.html/#sthash.4CT0qCQX.dpuf

– UNT had one recruit make the rankings of the top 10 players at his position in Guyer tight end Keivn Dillman. I know people have this wild, unfounded hope he’s going to ride in and save the day as a quarterback. Let this be another sign that is highly unlikely. One might sound like a low number, but UNT’s peer institutions like UTSA (0), Rice (3) and SMU (4) didn’t have a ton of players selected, either.

I feel like there's never any middle ground with Brett. Some people (myself included) think Dillman should be given a shot at QB. So that means people think he's going to ride in and save the day at QB? I'm not asking for that. I just think he could potentially be a better option than our other 3 young QBs who have just as much, if not more, question marks than he does.

• Upvote 3

I feel like there's never any middle ground with Brett. Some people (myself included) think Dillman should be given a shot at QB. So that means people think he's going to ride in and save the day at QB? I'm not asking for that. I just think he could potentially be a better option than our other 3 young QBs who have just as much, if not more, question marks than he does.

Totally agree. He should get a year at QB his redshirt year and see what happens. The coaches should be able to tell in a year if it is going to work out there or not.

Totally agree. He should get a year at QB his redshirt year and see what happens. The coaches should be able to tell in a year if it is going to work out there or not.

Cant waste alot of time giving him reps at QB if Smith comes in, tears it up, and cements himself as the starter.

If McCarney/Chico want Dillman on the field & he can make a difference at TE, then practice him there during his freshman year (redshirt or not).

Folks...remember...UT did not recruit Riley as a QB. UNT got him as a QB package with his Dad. Heck of an athlete who could have played several positions successfully at the D1level. It never hurts to recruit a talented athlete with potential to excel at various positions. This Dillman kid intrigues me, seems to intrigue the coaching staff as well, and for one, I am very pleased he will be suiting up for the Mean Green. Don't care where he plays...I'll leave that to the coaching staff. I just love the fact that it appears his upside is pretty big and that he's a smart kid willing to work. Welcome to the Mean Green young Mr. Dillman.

• Upvote 2