'15 JUCO LB Demetrius Cain (Mississippi)

BillySee58

No news here yet. Is he waiting to commit or did we not offer?

Also, I have seen him listed anywhere from 6' 0" 205lbs. to 6'1" 220lbs. Do we know his true size? Looks smaller in the twitter pic.

Edited by UNTLifer

Here's the class on meangreensports

http://www.meangreensports.com/signingday/signing-day-2015.html

No Cain, but we can only take 25, and there are 25 official confirmed signings. We could maybe grayshirt someone, but I'm pretty sure we aren't allowed to announce grayshirts until the class they actually are a part of. Like why Chumley and the DeSoto kids weren't officially announced last signing day.

maybe there is a way this works out and we can bring in 26... We undersigned last year and had one guy (Barr) come in early. isn't that a rule that you can make up for one less spot in the previous class as lon as the next year's guy is enrolled at midterm? I may be making that up but we lost out on Jalen Adams last year and his spot could go to Cain if that rule is accurate.

maybe there is a way this works out and we can bring in 26... We undersigned last year and had one guy (Barr) come in early. isn't that a rule that you can make up for one less spot in the previous class as lon as the next year's guy is enrolled at midterm? I may be making that up but we lost out on Jalen Adams last year and his spot could go to Cain if that rule is accurate.

Yes, you can backcount spots into the previous class with midterm enrollees, but we used all of last year's spots. Even though guys like Adams and Denucci left before ever playing, or Fonzale Davis never actually getting enrolled, to my knowledge you don't get those spots back if they sign. That's part of the risk. We used all of last year's spots, between the high school, JUCOs, FBS transfer, grayshirt, and walkons counting.

Also, Cain took down his tweet of committing to us.