TIPPING POINT

drex

What do you think the tipping point is for Tony Benford? How many wins and losses will he need to stay, or is he safe anyway?

If he cannot improve on last season then there is a problem. .500 or better or he will be gone. I'm more concerned about players staying. We need Reese and deandre in the back court next season!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I'm more concerned about players staying. We need Reese and deandre in the back court next season!

If the team supports the coach, that might be his ace in the hole...the desire to retain all our players for next year.

These should not be reasons why you keep a coach. If he's proved he hasn't been able to get it done then you have to trust that the next hire will be able to get it done, and either retain the good players/signees or go out and get good ones his self.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

His stretch goal this year is 18 wins--that gets him .500 and an extension by RV.

His current goal this year is just to breathe, then he will coach next year. Buyout is not UNT-acceptable, as we all know.

Next year, his goal will be to finish above .500 by more than 4 games--that gets him an extension. Otherwise, he will be gone. No way a guy goes to coach in his last year of his contract anymore.

You apparently don't read my posts enough to realize that multple exclamation points are my way of indicating sarcasm.

I thought we had a closer relationship than that...

The distance is killing us... I just thought you got excited. Also, we're totes winning all our games except maybe one and making the tournament final.