Chance at .500 for the Regular Season

UNTFan23

We have 30 regular season games this year. There are 11 games remaining in the regular season. In order to hit 15-15, North Texas needs to win seven of the next 11 games. That's a pretty tall order.

At best I see three to five games that are still winnable (Rice 6-12 3-4), Marshal (1-6 5-15), FIU (2-3 9-9), and FAU (1-4 8-8)). I think we'd be luck to win one of the games between UTSA (3-4 9-9) and Charlotte (2-5 8-11).

My hope for an at best a .500 finish in waning. The team is too inconsistent to beat even the worst teams in this league.

The team seems to be improving, but there are still a lot of questions. Why do we always fold in the second half? Is it effort (I don't think so) or is it halftime adjustments by both coaches? Who knows.

• Upvote 1

remember when people pissed on our string of 20 win seasons because the competition wasn't tip-top?

Remember this time 3 years ago when Tony Mitchell had just won 3 straight conference player of the weeks and was coming off a 30 point, 17 rebound performance but he's not even one of our top 15 freshman of all time?

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012312aaa.html

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 6

Remember when Tony Mitchell had just won 3 straight conference player of the weeks and was coming off a 30 point, 17 rebound performance but he's not even one of our top 15 freshman of all time?

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012312aaa.html

He is definelty in the top 15 freshman. Top 10 even. Don't discredit his ability completely man...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

I'll try not to in the future. But no promises.

He was the highest rated player I remeber ever coming to unt. He just didn't fully live up to the hype. Still a good player. He should have left after one year so we could bring in a freshman who would hustle and stay all four years. I am wondering where he will go next with his career.

• Downvote 12

Let's just talk about getting over that 0.500 hump.

I think its possible that we could ge there. Rice, Marshall, FAU, FIU, Charlotte, and UTSA are all winnable. At WKU, UAB, MUTS, ODU, and at UTEP are all probable losses, but going 7-4 with that group isn't that out of the question. I don't think it will happen, but it could. And if RV reiterates to Benford that .500 means extension, then you never know what could happen.

He was the highest rated player I remeber ever coming to unt. He just didn't fully live up to the hype. Still a good player. He should have left after one year so we could bring in a freshman who would hustle and stay all four years. I am wondering where he will go next with his career.

He should've left after one year while his draft stock was still high.

• Upvote 2

Down to 10 games to win six. Still possible but still a pretty tall order with games against WKU (15-6 8-1). UAB (11-11 7-2), Middle Tennessee (12-9 5-3), UTEP (13-7 5-3), and Old Dominion (17-4 6-3) still left on the schedule.

• Upvote 1

We wont be favored to win any of the remaining 10 games. Our best chance for a victory will probably come against Middle Tennessee at home. Other close winnable games would include @Marshall, UAB, and Charlotte. I'd say we win 2 out of those 4 and 1 game we have no business winning. That would give us a record of 12-18.

We wont be favored to win any of the remaining 10 games. Our best chance for a victory will probably come against Middle Tennessee at home. Other close winnable games would include @Marshall, UAB, and Charlotte. I'd say we win 2 out of those 4 and 1 game we have no business winning. That would give us a record of 12-18.

It's possible we could be favored in the FAU and/or Marshall games, even though those are both away games.

• Upvote 1