GMG.COM BB CLASSIC PLAYER THREAD

KRAM1

A couple of new players have been added to the list recently bringing our count to 17..... I know of at least one more players sitting out there pondering to play or not which would bring us to 18 for 9 a side.

We could still use a few more players...it is not too late to sign up.

Remember...we still need a couple of volunteer referees if anyone is interested....male or female....no problem...just need to want to help and all is good.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1

How long does this game last?

Only 40 minutes and the clock does not stop until the last 5 minutes of the second half. Although maybe the rules can change who knows. More clock stoppimg (idk). I'm trying to set up a 3 point line with court tape. It will be a bit rough but worth a shot. Some people like to knock down the three.

Edited by Andrew

I will shoot the occasional transition 3 but most of my work happens on the block.

so 20 minute halves then.

Yep. Maybe clock will stop on fouls and out of bound plays this time not. Would be cool and stretch it out. I'm more outside then inside but work on hitting floater out of the block to avoid fouls and blocked shots.

I don't like fouls counting as a point. I kind of like free throws as an option. --- Just have 5 team fouls (regardless of shot/ floor) and then bonus the rest of the half. All foul shots be 1 and 1s. That'll give the out of shape guys a break. And now the players can laugh as WE miss free throw shots.

I like this if the clock would stop at the foul line. I like playing a full 40 minutes running the floor.

KRAM is this one possible? It's all up to you :)

No no no. Running clock stops lasts 2 minutes of each half, fouls on shots are 1 shot for 2 points, or 3, don't like it, don't foul. Everything else is normal. Best way to play games like this IMO.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Check my post, I never compared myself to Benford, although I have 0 doubt I could coach better than him and I'm a MS coach.

Benford is an NCAA coach. Is he the best? Not by a long shot, but he is certainly better than a lot of people out there. Especially people who have only coached in middle school or high school. My original post was just about playing ability and not really anything to do with coaching though.

Edited by Andrew
  • Downvote 1