'16 Andrew Fitzgerald DE (Flower Mound)

Harry

I guess "little bro" aka a chad Morris led smu coaching staff, evaluating and offering the same guys that Danny Mac and co do. Yet, Mccarney and co can't evaluate, coach, or recruit. Some people make me simply shake my head.

• Upvote 2

I guess "little bro" aka a chad Morris led smu coaching staff, evaluating and offering the same guys that Danny Mac and co do. Yet, Mccarney and co can't evaluate, coach, or recruit. Some people make me simply shake my head.

Have you simply shook your head about the large number of JUCOs we have has to bring in due to a terrible 2012 recruiting class?

Lets be fair here. There is the possibility that about half the JUCOs that haven't graduate yet won't make it to UNT. While mid-semester JUCO grads can be great for a program, relying on spring semester grads can be extremely dicey. I'll be excited after they are actually admitted to UNT.

Maybe Mac has righted the ship with the coaches he has in place, but there is little doubt that the 2012 class was a disaster, and it has left us chasing second semester JUCO grads that we have to hope qualify in May.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No, not yet, because I think JUCO guys if getting the right ones can make a big difference. I also like to point to our other commits who have multiple offers, including the kid from Keller who Tulsa coach (former Baylor QB coach) took the time to offer, and Eli Howard, we know who we are going after and what talent looks like. Just my opinion

Just can't let it go for even one thread, can you 90?

Its not that he's refusing to let it go, he refuses to be pimped and swindled by a couple recruits that had decent offer lists whereas most did not. Nevertheless, I think this class is good if and only if we get the entire class on campus, as 90 said. Do what it takes within the rules to get them here and eligible. GMG!!

Just can't let it go for even one thread, can you 90?

24 wanted to point out the greatness of Spring graduating JUCOs. I was just pointing out that we wouldn't be signing these JUCOs if the 2012 class wasn't such a bust.

Remember when Mac said we would build this program through high school recruits? I do. I guess it's on to plan B.

I hope they all make it to campus, although that's doubtful, and I hope they all turn into starters.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Where did I point out greatness of spring graduating jucos?? I simply made a point of Mccarney recruits who had multiple offers by other very good coaches/recruiters, whom you seem to glance over.

Its not that he's refusing to let it go, he refuses to be pimped and swindled by a couple recruits that had decent offer lists whereas most did not. Nevertheless, I think this class is good if and only if we get the entire class on campus, as 90 said. Do what it takes within the rules to get them here and eligible. GMG!!

B.S.! Unless I am mistaken, this thread is about a HIgh School young man from Flower Mound we offered for 2016, and the fact that along came SMU to offer right after us, which seems to be there MO lately. I have double and triple checked the original post and can no mention of JUCO's or the class of 2012.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...