Rice			3-3	3	6-11
Florida International	2-3	3.5	9-9
Charlotte		2-4	4	8-10
North Texas		2-4	4	8-10
Florida Atlantic	1-4	4.5	8-8
Southern Miss		0-6	6	5-12
Marshall		0-6	6	4-15
  • Upvote 2

I like to think UTEP's bball success, though not as widely acknowledged as WKU's, is rich in tradition too and there is a lot of pride in EP.

It did not dawn on me until now that this CUSA alignment could have set up a great bball rivalry.

Oh certainly. UTEP is still the only school in Texas to win a national title in basketball.

That was a great game last night though.

It was a great game in an awesome atmosphere. We're slowly coming back from the hole that Ken Pol Pot McDummy McDonald dug for our program.

We were retiring Courtney Lee's jersey number last night so there was a lot of hoopla surrounding that. Add in the fact that King Bag Tim Floyd was returning to Diddle for the first time since his UNO days and it was a raucous environ.

This team has plenty of defects but are playing well as a team right now. We're still pretty slow of foot and not very large. But until last night we were simply not turning the ball over. I'm talking sub Wisconsin level of not turning it over for a several game stretch.

I kept checking conference scores and was shocked by 2. You guys running away in the first half against Tech and the Middle/ODU game. Both of you held on even though the other teams made runs. We are thrilled to be in a conference that actually cares about hoops.

I wouldn't make any bets on our team to win this conference tourney but I believe we'll have a good shot at it. Along with several others.

• Upvote 1

I used to believe in things...

130103025622-hopeless-discouraged-jobs-s

sorry my brother. if anyone knows the despair it's a western fan that KNEW Ken Pol Pot McDummy McDonald was running us off a cliff and not being able to do anything about it. he's doling out his brand of basketball poison in the great state of texas as coach of the austin toros now.

btw.....retired on 12/26. already took advantage of the time off. drove down to florida and did both the fau and fiu games. talk about jokes of gyms. but the 75 degrees on the day of the fiu game was nice. not sure if i'll pull the trigger on the la tech and usm road swing coming up. ruston and hattiesburg < boca and miami.

• Upvote 1