'15 DL DeMikal Harrison (Oklahoma)

BillySee58

I also think he's an immediate playing time type player. Big, big get.

If he does, great. But considering last year was his first full season of football, expectations for this kid should be tempered early on. But he may have the most potential of any DT we have. I'm thinking redshirt here and develop this kid into a monster down the line. Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

If he does, great. But considering last year was his first full season of football, expectations for this kid should be tempered early on. But he may have the most potential of any DT we have. I'm thinking redshirt here and develop this kid into a monster down the line.

So Billy based on your new rating system you were coming up with with Grades, how is this class looking?

So Billy based on your new rating system you were coming up with with Grades, how is this class looking?

I did a little more tinkering with the scale and I added in a "C+" rating. So basically, a "C" recruit has no other FBS offers, so they may be a walkon, have no other offers, or only have FCS offers besides us. A "C+" recruit has 1 other FBS offer (small restraints, but the largest classification). A "B" recruit has between 3-5 FBS offers, a "B+" recruit has between 3-5 FBS offers but has good quality program offers. "A" is still at least 6 FBS offers and "A+" is still at least 10 D1 offers.

As for how this class is faring, we have:

2 "C" recruits

- Lipscomb and Dillman (as a tight end we were the only school to offer him)

7 "C+" recruits

- Bendy, Brooks, Munden, K. Smith, Robinson, Woodworth, and Chumley (us and ULM were the only schools to offer him as a QB)

5 "B" recruits

- Preston, Wegmann, Howard, Bradley, Harrison

0 "B+" recruits

1 "A" recruit

- Barr

Looking at it from an offer list standpoint, it's not a spectacular class. These are just the high school kids. How the JUCOs pan out will be a big determining factor in how this class gets looked at a few years down the line.

A few things worth noting. This class is lacking in the headliner category. Kevin Dillman had 17 or 18 offers (can't remember which one) to play quarterback by FBS schools, and Chumley had over 10 as a tight end. Both would be "A+" guys if we were bringing them in at those positions. I do like the we have less "C" guys than in the past. I think that number shouldn't be much more than 2. But, again, we're lacking in the "B+" or better department.

Great get. Welcome to NT young Mr. Harrison. Between Harrison, TJ, Sid Moore and our preferred walk-on from Maryland, our young depth at DT is impressive. I think he will beed a year to develop, but he could be a good one.

Don't count out Zero Wallace, he still needs to develop but he showed me some good things in games last year.

I did a little more tinkering with the scale and I added in a "C+" rating. So basically, a "C" recruit has no other FBS offers, so they may be a walkon, have no other offers, or only have FCS offers besides us. A "C+" recruit has 1 other FBS offer (small restraints, but the largest classification). A "B" recruit has between 3-5 FBS offers, a "B+" recruit has between 3-5 FBS offers but has good quality program offers. "A" is still at least 6 FBS offers and "A+" is still at least 10 D1 offers.

As for how this class is faring, we have:

2 "C" recruits

- Lipscomb and Dillman (as a tight end we were the only school to offer him)

7 "C+" recruits

- Bendy, Brooks, Munden, K. Smith, Robinson, Woodworth, and Chumley (us and ULM were the only schools to offer him as a QB)

5 "B" recruits

- Preston, Wegmann, Howard, Bradley, Harrison

0 "B+" recruits

1 "A" recruit

- Barr

Looking at it from an offer list standpoint, it's not a spectacular class. These are just the high school kids. How the JUCOs pan out will be a big determining factor in how this class gets looked at a few years down the line.

A few things worth noting. This class is lacking in the headliner category. Kevin Dillman had 17 or 18 offers (can't remember which one) to play quarterback by FBS schools, and Chumley had over 10 as a tight end. Both would be "A+" guys if we were bringing them in at those positions. I do like the we have less "C" guys than in the past. I think that number shouldn't be much more than 2. But, again, we're lacking in the "B+" or better department.

I think this approach is also going to have shortcomings when it has to guess whether a recruit received offers at one position or another unless you are speaking to the recruits directly. I get the intent, but don't agree that this system will necessarily show the quality of athlete being added to the program. This approach has no way of knowing if an offer was commitable or not or if all offers are listed, etc... All the approaches have their pluses and minuses.

This approach definitely looks at the problem of grading a class from a different angle though.