'16 JUCO OL Jalen Thomas (New York)

Harry

• 4 months later...

Need to make sure we try and include the HS name in each of the titles of these recruiting posts. Helps us rank under the athlete's name and hence...

Thomas is a JUCO, which is what I put in the title. I put the name of the high school or JUCO in the title if they're in Texas, since board members will know the schools over here. If they're from out of state I put the state in the title, and then the high school or JUCO in the OP. That way it'll still come up if they Google the players name and their school.

That's just a general explanation for anyone, not just to AAUNT. In my experience of googling these players, their GMG profile doesn't pop up any higher whether or not the school name is listed in the title or the OP.

Edited by BillySee58

• 11 months later...
20 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Can he play defensive line. It's a joke.....

Worries me a little since we have the other JUCO offensive lineman as well. Could one of them not be showing up?? Would rather have brought in a defensive lineman.

This is simply an attempt to get the best 5 guys to protect a QB my man. If you can't score you can't win. Defense will be fine schematically. If our QB goes down we in trouble. 

• Upvote 1

Probably doesn't even touch the field this year.  He has played 4 games in 3 years if I read that article correct.

Normally Jucos take a year to get used to the speed.  I just don't see this being a good move.  Seems like something Dan would have done.

I will gladly eat crow if this kid comes in and contributes greatly.

Simply my opinion.

Edited by MEANGREENCOACH2
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Probably doesn't even touch the field this year.  He has played 4 games in 3 years if I read that article correct.

Normally Jucos take a year to get used to the speed.  I just don't see this being a good move.  Seems like something Dan would have done.

I will gladly eat crow if this kid comes in and contributes greatly.

Simply my opinion.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with him. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

...Yet another '16 guy.  OL this time, does that mean Hayes isn't going to make it?

I don't think I'd assume that.  We did offer 3-4 16 guys probably waiting for first one to commit? The scholarship situation here is a real nightmare to keep track of what we actually have vs what we think we have.  Thanks Dan. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

I don't think I'd assume that.  We did offer 3-4 16 guys probably waiting for first one to commit? The scholarship situation here is a real nightmare to keep track of what we actually have vs what we think we have.  Thanks Dan. 

I know we used the last free one (supposedly) on Wyche, the RB from a CA JUCO.   Did his teammate (the DL) ever sign?

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I know we used the last free one (supposedly) on Wyche, the RB from a CA JUCO.   Did his teammate (the DL) ever sign?

No sir, hasn't committed to anyone.  I really think he is waiting/hoping a big school comes in.  

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

this is exactly what i mean.. who is not showing up now.  Very similar to the Benford roster.

not even close, this is a chance you take with JUCO's. I personally wish we had more HS kids.