North Texas v Louisiana Tech (1/22/14)

Andrew

I really hope that RV has some sort of unofficial standard that has to be met in order for Benford to return next season.

It's a really straight-forward standard called: If the big donors aren't breathing down my neck, he stays. It doesn't look like even a losing season this year will cause that to happen. I predict he will be here until the end of his contract. Just have to come to expect a random upset here and there followed by inconsistent play the rest of the season.

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes

Oh, so that was you with the potty mouth? Don't think I would admit to that! So classless, but, hey, you were otherwise doing a great job. My only comment to my wife after your classless yelling was, "man, I am really sure his lady friend is so impressed". Ha! And, for the record, the guy you are talking about has been buying season tickets for 35 straight years for both football and basketball and led the charge to re-cover the Super Pit seats in green instead of the original orange. Don't believe that or want to call BS on that? Go check out the plaque of donor names in the concourse of the Super Pit. You will find mine there as well. So, you can call BS all you want AFTER you have been around and buying season tickets for 35 straight years.

You did a great job other than that burst of foul language...and as to the "naked kid"... Really? The kid is 11 years old and was trying to get on the jumbo screen by pulling his t-shirt over his head. You really want to compare what you did in making a fool of yourself for a few moments to an 11year old kid, right you go....And, his grandparents are long attached to UNT...the grandfather having played football for both UNT and the NY Jets. So, if you have a problem with his 11year old grandson having some harmless fun, why don't you just take it up with his grandfather? I am sure he'd be happy to "discuss" it with you in person.

Now...let me say this in conclusion...I was complimenting you and another fan on your rowdiness and said ZERO about your foul moth or anything negative. Why you decided to go off on it just tells us all why you thought it was appropriate to yell out as you did...immaturity plain and simple. I had no problems what so ever with your performance other than that burst of profanity. You will also note that I said nothing to you about it at the game or on this board until you brought it up. Why you did? No clue.

So, thanks for supporting the Mean Green...loved your enthusiasm overall. Hope to see you at another game soon and maybe you will start that 35 year season ticket tradition...I am more than happy to introduce you to either of the fine gentlemen mentioned here and you can discuss this with them in person.

Oh snap, he told you!!!!!

By the way, the bolded part is the portion he really wants you to take away from all this.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Oh snap, he told you!!!!!

By the way, the bolded part is the portion he really wants you to take away from all this.

Oh, snap...you are such a funny guy. Hey, you can jump on this one...but, how about letting us know if you are playing in the GMG.Com BB Classic now that the date has been posted...you indicated "yes" depending upon date...well, take a second away from your trolling of my posts and check it out. It is sort of a tradition you know.

Carry on...hey, how's that off duty work dispute with the DPD going? Any of your guys involved in that? Hope not...still can't figure out why the DPD needs three police unions. But, hey...all one big team, right?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Oh, snap...you are such a funny guy. Hey, you can jump on this one...but, how about letting us know if you are playing in the GMG.Com BB Classic now that the date has been posted...you indicated "yes" depending upon date...well, take a second away from your trolling of my posts and check it out. It is sort of a tradition you know.Carry on...hey, how's that off duty work dispute with the DPD going? Any of your guys involved in that? Hope not...still can't figure out why the DPD needs three police unions. But, hey...all one big team, right?

Yes, I will be playing.

As to the union, there are three because if there were one less people could be king of their own little fiefdom

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Oh, I'm sorry, you must enjoy talented, effortless, selfish basketball players. You must be pro-Tony Mitchell.

And I rarely post in the basketball forums. Bball is here to occupy my time until Dan can run what's left of our football team into the ground this upcoming season.

Oh and don't worry Mac I'll critique a Dr tomorrow, I promise.

Wish the posts in the basketball forum were even more rare...

• Downvote 1

Wish the posts in the basketball forum were even more rare...

Wish in one hand...

People...get over yourselves. Are you people this big of a dickhead in person? This fan base man, I'm telling you.

Power in numbers is the only thing we have to make change at the top to improve every aspect of this university. Some of y'all ran off perhaps the best fan we have in MeanGreenMan. We need a lot more fans like him, and not only is he a great fan but he's also a stand up dude. Y'all have to stop with all the bullshit. Be a duck sometimes and let it roll of your back, like I am sure the majority of you would do in person. It's going to be OK.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Yes, I will be playing.

As to the union, there are three because if there were one less people could be king of their own little fiefdom

Way to take the high road. His strategy of being overly sensitive and getting defensive with people to get them to participate in his basketball game is an interesting one,
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I have no inside knowledge of this particular situation, but I can tell you that such a standard has been set in the past, failed to be met, and resulting actions executed.

Ya, but that standard wasn't set until the 4th year, correct?

Benford could lose out and would still be coach.

I think we really need to focus in what standards are set for the AD, because the only standard that appears to be in place is staying within budget.

Edited by UNT90

Ya, but that standard wasn't set until the 4th year, correct?

Hey...check your PM's...you asked about a player draft for the GMG.Com BB Game...check out your PM and get back with me please...

Hey...check your PM's...you asked about a player draft for the GMG.Com BB Game...check out your PM and get back with me please...

Man, imagine the frustration.

Can I again plead with folks to not post in this thread unless you are a player providing their stats for the use of the coaches during the player draft? PLEASE PLEASE...thanks all. Coaches....are you listening? :-)

If I start the player thread I wonder if folks would allow it to be only the player thread? Ha!

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 1