Greendylan

Juice

Ben Gooding

GMG24

Emmitt01

RICO

aztecskin

smoothfresh

It's a great start...and we have several others checking dates and schedules who will be letting us know soon...so, things are shaping up nicely for another great event. Thanks to all who are supporting this event.

Final Day/Time to sign-up to play is NOON on Saturday, February 21st. Player draft will be Sunday, February 22nd in the GMG.Com Chat Room. All welcome to check in on the draft...I'll get the time to you as soon as our two coaches agree on that time.

Edited by KRAM1

12 is great. Everyone can touch the ball :)

There will be more than twelve...just like last year. No one will get tired if they don't want to play a lot of minutes...free substitutions as always. We aren't trying to kill anyone...just have a bunch of fun.

Player sign-up deadline is Saturday, Feb. 21st...Player draft will be Sunday, Feb. 22nd in the GMG.Com Chat Room. Will get with coaches and determine time...will let everyone know after that is settled.

• Upvote 1

Do we give our "statistics" in order to be drafted?

VERY helpful if you do...our coaches know many of these players already, but for those newer to the event it is very helpful to add some stats...thanks for mentioning this.

With multiple pages in this thread and the time set thread, you may want to start and official stat/player thread to make it easier to keep up with individuals that are playing...unless you are a mastermind at keeping everything sorted and categorized!

With multiple pages in this thread and the time set thread, you may want to start and official stat/player thread to make it easier to keep up with individuals that are playing...unless you are a mastermind at keeping everything sorted and categorized!

Good idea...might do that...but, of course this is year five...got it down pretty well...well, sort of...there is always "something" right?

If I start the player thread I wonder if folks would allow it to be only the player thread? Ha! OK, Let's see...coming to a board near you soon...the player only thread for those playing and their stats for the player draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

One thing is clear with our offense. We are at our best taking the first open shot, even if a little hurried. When we pass it around for 20 or 30 secs, we look really flat. We just need to play a hurry up offense that constantly presses and takes first open look.

• Upvote 1

One thing is clear with our offense. We are at our best taking the first open shot, even if a little hurried. When we pass it around for 20 or 30 secs, we look really flat. We just need to play a hurry up offense that constantly presses and takes first open look.

Is this your signing up to play in the GMG.Com BB game? If so, I do need your t-shirt size. Hope to see you on the 8th of March...we could definitely use more players.

• Upvote 1

Didn't he play once before? Or did he just not show? Let me know if he is in or not when you can...thanks.

I trying but I don't think he will play or some of the other guys for from my city and rec teams. Kinda like last time I think it's An issue of getting injured playing lower competition and just having moved on from basketball. I will still ask if they want to donate though they for sure! :)

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

Sponsorship update!

Folks...in addition to our main sponsor Oak Street and East Side, we have picked up two additional great sponsors....

Addison Transportation (a returning multi-year sponsor) and aztecskin! Both have agreed to help sponsor the game. Please please let them both know how much you appreciate their help and support. These folks make it happen for the Cheer Team scholarship and for our event.

Thanks to both of these great Mean Green fans! You are very much appreciated!

• Upvote 3

UPDATE!

We have one referee now confirmed...Troy Kokjohn...former UNT great long-snapper...has agreed to be one of our referees once again!

Thank you Troy!

We could use two more referees for this mighty clash of BB Titans. If anyone would like to participate by refereeing...$25 will get you a swell referee shirt as well as the wonderful experience of refereeing some great Mean Green Nation members. Just let me know...frankly...no experience required (just like for our players).

Need some help to pull this off folks....need players, referees, volunteers and donors! Anyone? It has grown a tad quiet on the GMG.Com BB front these days...sure would like to see some new participants step up in one form or another to help I sure a successful scholarship fundraiser for some great UNT student-athletes. You can come watch these students in action tonight as the Mean Green take on the Rice Owls at 7pm at the Super Pit!

If you are out of town or other-wise cannot participate in person, a donation of any size would be very welcome, very much appreciated and would make a difference...a positive one! Please think about it...even $5 or $10 would mean a great deal. And, it is simple. You can use the PayPal link here on GMG.Com or you can send me a check payable to "UNT Athletics-Cheer Scolarship Fund". If you want to use the check option, just PM me for the address. Thanks in advance for your help and support.

• Upvote 2

Mark, I'm in just got my donation in, I have a question, I could get some people to play I think. What are the requirements to play?

Just be 18 or older...unless you have a parent playing...then just about any age...be willing to pay the $25 donation...male or female...and be willing to have a good time for a good cause. Basketball skills are helpful, but as we have seen in prior years not mandatory.

Would be great if we could round up a few more players. The more the merrier and the more fun we will have.

Confirming my response to KRAM at coaches' radio show today, I will be there to help out.

Cannot thank you enough for volunteering to help. You are both very much appreciated and very much needed. Thank you Sir!

Good seeing you at the radio Show today as well...nice crowd too I thought. Hearing from Coach Evans is always good as was the time hearing from T J Taylor.

• Upvote 1