5th Annual GMG.Com Basketball Game

KRAM1

DATE AND TIME CONFIRMED: OK! THE DATE IS SET FOR SUNDAY! MARCH 8th WITH A 2PM GAME TIP-OFF!

Please confirm your availability to play, volunteer and let me have your t-shirt size as well for the player shirts or if you just want to purchase a shirt to help the cause.

Ok, so, time to start this thread. We should have a confirmed date and time very shortly for our 5th Annual GMG.Com BB game in support of UNT Cheer!

In fact, I have the first silent auction items in hand...a #23 Jordan Williams BB jersey which I will have signed in time for the game, a bottle of Rudy's great BB sauce and a Mean Green Green Rudy's BB ball cap. Hey, one out of three ain't bad, right? Any donation of items for the silent auction are greatly appreciated and will help support our great student-cheer team members.

Player fee remains $25 and includes the super swell GMG game day collectors T-Shirt.

Players...be sure and give me your t-shirt size!!

If anyone would like to order a shirt or extra shirts at $15 each, just PM me with your size and we can make that happen. The extra shirts will not have names across the back as the player's shirts will.

So, at this point we need:

Players
Two Coaches
Sponsors...any amount appreciated
Referees...three would be nice
Donors...again, any amount appreciated
Volunteers...to help man the concession stand, to help recruit sponsors/donors
Silent Auction Items

Most of you here know the drill but we have a few "newer" posters who may not have experienced the greatness that is the GMG.Com charity BB game.

Want to play, volunteer, donate, sponsor, etc., etc. just PM me and we can figure out what works best for you. Will try to accommodate as best I can.

I realize without a firm date that players and volunteers may not be able to commit as yet, but that doesn't stop you business owners and staffers from perhaps reaching out to sponsor and/or donate. And, those who know they will not be playing can still have a role in helping with this benefit game. As always, 100% of the net proceeds go to support our great Cheer Team.

Who is "in" this year...can we have our two coaches from last year back for another showdown?

Those who have participated in any capacity know that the response cost on their part is very small...while the benefit to our student-athletes is very large!

Would also love to hear from some folks with ideas...realistic ideas...of how we can make this event even better and how they might be willing to help make that happen.

Now's the time...this is your head's up that planning has begun.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

In times eleventy billion...but not on Andrews team...

But, I think you would be perfect for Andrews team! Ha! OK, but you will have to lobby UNT90 if he agrees to coach to draft you early! I hear he can be had for a beer or two.

• Upvote 1

Folks...we have a major sponsor already!

Oak Street and East Side have agreed to be our major t-shirt sponsor this year! Please reach out to Jeff and John and all the great folks at these two fine Denton establishments and thank them for their support.

I am thinking we might need to head to one of these great places for the after-game event. It's BYO Foid, but maybe we can set up for a Foid truck or two.

How does this sound to the group? If the day works of course.....much depends upon date...I know...I know...sigh...someone get facilities at UNT on the ball and OK our date request!

• Upvote 2

I'm in dependent on date. The public viewing of the ongoing diminishment of my basketball skills continues.

Are we drafting this year?

That's the plan if we can get coaches to agree on a time and if time permits...always best that way and more fun...you are Coach, right?

• Upvote 1

I know you don't have a date, but is there a date range or possible timeframe that you could disclose?

Early March...but super tentative at this point...may have to be a Sunday due to facilities schedules. Working on it!

• Upvote 2

I know you don't have a date, but is there a date range or possible timeframe that you could disclose?

Sunday, March 8th...2pm tip-off.....after event at Oak Street....what say you?

• Upvote 1

Update...looking at having the after event party at Oak Street! There is a new taco shop opening next door that some of the Oak Street/East Side guts have invested in as well that will be open for those looking for some food as well as adult beverages at the after event celebration. How cool is that....Oak Street Draft House for the after event!

Folks we need players .... Not much time to get this together...will need to know who us in and who wants to order shirts, etc. by early February....let's get on board people!

• Upvote 1