UNT beat Creighton. HUGE !

cogido

Consistency? They gave up a 27 point lead in a matter of 10 game minutes.... Barely squeaked a win out against a team they dominated for 30 minutes. Not sure that this is a positive sign of things to come. They did look sloppy early to me as well, both teams did not sure if it was Christmas break antsiness or what.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I think we were fortunate that Creighton couldn't make their open looks. They were getting plenty of solid looks with their movement and simply missed. At the end of the game, the ball simply bounced our way more.

Great win, but I will hold my expectations for the rest of the year as I am not sure how much it really told me.

• Upvote 1

Again, I definitely think it was a huge win. I think the vast majority of Benford skeptics do. I want to see us use it as a springboard, and am agnostic on if it will be for now. Should we win something like nine of our next ten, it will be looked back as a fantastic turning point moment.

If we go .500 or something similar, it'll still be thought of us a great win against a name brand, but some of that magic will be lost.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 5

They had open looks all game, first half included. I thought you 'knew basketball'? Even the commentators were talking about how Creighton was doing everything right except the shot not going in. They simply started to hit those open looks in the second half. The same looks they had in the first.

It isn't an agenda, i simply don't see it without your biased eyes.

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

They only shot 10-39 from behind the arc, so they were pretty bad, but that is kind of the point of the zone. Move the ball enough and you should be able to get an open shot, but you have to hit the shot when you are open. They didn't do it, and we were prepared to take advantage.

Good win. Now, let's continue to play at that level game in and game out and the wins will take care of themselves.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty pumped for this group of players to have tasted a win like this. They now know they can be an aggressive and fundamental unit on the floor against a solid team. I hope they continue to build as they become a close knit team. Their trust in each other should only deepen now.

That was the most pumped I've seen Jordan in a long time. He really seemed to enjoy that game.

• Upvote 1

He was probably mad because a large portion of those creighton fans were from The Colony because Austin chatman is adored in TC. Jordan not so much, as he cost them a 31 win season by claiming an illegitimate address. I'm sure he enjoyed sticking it to them for never coming to support him.

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1

Whoever gave mea minus one.... Can you please post the game where CJ and Tony beat a solid opponent while wearing then green?

I am happy for Jordan he stuck here for all four years has grown it pathetic that people give a negative to jordan. Maybe these are the fans who do not show up... The people that give a negative one to him and his performance. Idk why anyone would want to suit up with this fan base. We need more KRAMS and less wishe washy fans.

Edited by Andrew
  • Downvote 5

Need I go find your football posts?

About one football player.... Who really never got it going. If any basketball player was struggling day in and day out and still being started I would have an issue. At this point the team is clicking and there are no issues. If McNulty starts next season and continues to turn the ball over and bring us zero wins I will still be all for having someone else under center. I was never down on the team nor really the coaches for that matter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

North Texas looks fundamentally sound with the exception of free throw shooting and handling mid court traps. Creighton is indeed a big win and looking back, playing well against Arkansas was no fluke. NT handled Ark. full court press masterfully. Kudos to Benford and let's keep winning.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

North Texas looks fundamentally sound with the exception of free throw shooting and handling mid court traps. Creighton is indeed a big win and looking back, playing well against Arkansas was no fluke. NT handled Ark. full court press masterfully. Kudos to Benford and let's keep winning.

It seems like we have improved on free shooting when compared to last season. Just look at Armani Flannigan.

He has jumped from 28% to 58%.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It seems like we have improved on free shooting when compared to last season. Just look at Armani Flannigan.

He has jumped from 28% to 58%.

We've gone from 68% to 65.4% - so, worse or holding steady depending on how you want to spin it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1