Creighton (12/21/14)

CMJ

One other thing you have to give credit for, is the defensive scheme against their kick out three offense was just terrific for most of the game. If they can match that type of defensive intensity for the rest of the season this could be fun. Benford teams have always seemed to struggle against guarding the three and it appears they have the personnel and scheme in place. Just the best defensive effort I have seen in a LONG time.

Great Win! GO MEAN GREEN! Until now, I would have said we have not beaten anybody very good. You could tell we were playing better, but this one was big.

Now the guys know the level they can and have to play.

Now get a win streak going. I don't care what sport it is, just win!

Good win. This team can be dangerous. We literally have played maybe 40 minutes total of bad basketball all season. This is the same team that played Arkansas, Oklaohma State, and SFA tight for a majority of the game. 6-4 with two games left looks great. Let's finish out of conference play strong and go 8-4! I wish were were this healthy against SFA.... We would be 6-3...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good win. This team can be dangerous. We literally have played maybe 40 minutes total of bad basketball all season. This is the same team that played Arkansas, Oklaohma State, and SFA tight for a majority of the game. 6-4 with two games left looks great. Let's finish out of conference play strong and go 8-4! I wish were were this healthy against SFA.... We would be 6-3...

Ifs, buts, candy, nuts...it is Christmas season after all

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I demand that the fans who didn't attend this game be held accountable for the Creighton fans outnumbering the Mean Green fans. Oh wait, accountability doesn't apply to fans. My bad.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Except A&M wasn't very good. Creighton has had some impressive wins, and some weird losses. Certainly didn't have the RPI Creighton does.

Road wins by 20 in Power league gyms are always impressive.

Not to mention, they weren't horrible. They ended up a bit over .500....so it's not like they went 8-23 or something.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 4

I demand that the fans who didn't attend this game be held accountable for the Creighton fans outnumbering the Mean Green fans. Oh wait, accountability doesn't apply to fans. My bad.

Fans should absolutely be accountable for showing up when we have a consistent winner. Until then this is just another "but remember that one time we beat..." type of game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

It took a lot to drive a lot of us away, it's going to take more than one win to bring us back.

Very happy for the kids, especially Jordan Williams, who has hung in their throughout the mess that has been Tony Benford.

Good win. Lets hope it's not an abberition like the A&M win was last year.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

It took a lot to drive a lot of us away, it's going to take more than one win to bring us back.

Very happy for the kids, especially Jordan Williams, who has hung in their throughout the mess that has been Tony Benford.

Again with cheap shots? This is a family. You judge the coach your also judging the players. You pick in one you pick on them all. You might as well just take a cheap shot at jordan williams....

If someone spoke poorly off your father or family you would be defensive too. Stop tearing down the team.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

When it comes to basketball attendance, this.

It does seem like he has finally separates himself from the JJ era players that were not really on board with him. The players that are here actually seem engaged, which was not the case the first two seasons. It did not help that he missed on several early players, which dug a sizable hole. Whether or not he can climb out of it at this point is probably still less than 50%.

However, having lived through the lows, I would rather see him figure it out and enjoy some high rather than having to start over, because that just means another hiring decision. Either way, something has got to change, soon.

Edited by greenit
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What's an abberition? Is that like an apparition? Does your ghost haunt the Super Pit?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Again with cheap shots? This is a family. You judge the coach your also judging the players. You pick in one you pick on them all. You might as well just take a cheap shot at jordan williams....

If someone spoke poorly off your father or family you would be defensive too. Stop tearing down the team.

So how do you square this with your criticisms of the football coaches and players? Can't have it both ways.

Again for the record and on topic: this was a quality, gutty win today. Best of Benford's time here. Congrats to the coaches and team! Build on it!

• Upvote 3