Breaking — Sam Miller has decided to give up football

Harry

• 5 weeks later...

If he signs with ULM, or anyone else for that matter, I take back everything I said. IF this is indicative of him signing with ULM, this kid is nothing but a common liar. Hope I am wrong, but IF this is true, I wish him 4 years of pine sitting.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm starting to think D linemen don't seem to want to play for the Legendary D Line coach for some reason?

Rick

Glad I'm not a hater and that this had nothing to do with the school I graduated from?

SUMG predicted this kid would rebound from a miracle cure and land somewhere else. I just figured it would be SMU, not ULM and their plug nickel footbal budget.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Can't believe parents would let their kid be a coward and lie about something like this. Why is this a better way than just saying you changed your mind and picked a different school? Smfh!

No respect for this family, unless when he had to "quit" football, we pulled the scholly. If that happened, I take it back.

Also, did anyone else know that ulm has the same hand sign as us? Wtf?

Edited by Green Crazy

Glad I'm not a hater and that this had nothing to do with the school I graduated from?

SUMG predicted this kid would rebound from a miracle cure and land somewhere else. I just figured it would be SMU, not ULM and their plug nickel footbal budget.

Rick

Now I know how you got the nickname Fire Helmet Jesus. Are you or your ideas ever wrong?

• Upvote 2

Anyone ever consider we pulled the offer?

Certainly not because of his ability. This kid had more listed offers than any defensive player we've received a commitment from during the recruiting website era. His grades were fine too.

It looks like he may have just wanted to play with his high school teammate, the QB Chandler Eiland. If we would've offered Eiland then we would like have both.

Certainly not because of his ability. This kid had more listed offers than any defensive player we've received a commitment from during the recruiting website era. His grades were fine too.

It looks like he may have just wanted to play with his high school teammate, the QB Chandler Eiland. If we would've offered Eiland then we would like have both.

Didn't he miss most of the year due to injury? Offers disappear for the injured, no?

Or am I thinking of someone else?

The reason I think we may have pulled the offer is this kid was recruiting Eli hard to come here, then, poof, all the sudden he quits football due to injury.

Maybe that was easier for the kid to say than to tell people his offer was pulled.

Edited by UNT90

The QB missed most of the year. Miller was healthy at least most of the year. All to my knowledge.

It's just really weird that he went from selling UNT hard to Eli to being gone due to injury in a 2 week period, and then when he does show back up as a commit, it's to ULM, not any of the bigger programs that had offered at one time.

Just seems that his stock may have fallen.

Edited by UNT90

It's just really weird that he went from selling UNT hard to Eli to being gone due to injury in a 2 week period, and then when he does show back up as a commit, it's to ULM, not any of the bigger programs that had offered at one time.

Just seems that his stock may have fallen.

That injury thing seemed weird because it looked like he was playing most of the year. Maybe he missed the last few games, but it looked like was playing early and into the middle part of the year.

ULM would seem weird, if his QB wasn't committed there. They both seem really excited to be playing in college together.

This next thing is some speculation, but I wonder if maybe he was rubbed the wrong way by Eiland's recruitment by us. The instant of Miller recruiting Howard, that Howard referenced when he committed, occurred during the summer when they were visiting. Between then and Miller saying he wouldn't be able to continue playing football, we were recruiting Eiland.

We heard a lot about Chris Riddle's recruitment on the board, via his father. However, we were recruiting at least two other qbs in Eiland and Will Harris from Oklahoma. Think back to what we heard about Riddle and his recruitment, and I can't help but wonder if Eiland was being told similar things. And when that offer didn't come it may have rubbed him and his close friend Sam Miller the wrong way.

That last part is speculation. But it does look like they're very close and excited about the idea of playing in college together.

They seem excited now. Why would Miller commit to UNT without a firm offer to his QB if that was the case? Just something about the whole deal seems to me that we were the ones that parted ways. I could be completely off base.

Edited by UNT90

They seem excited now. Why would Miller commit to UNT without a firm offer to his QB if that was the case? Just something about the whole deal seems to me that we were the ones that parted ways. I could be completely off base.

It's all speculation past what they told us. But I have a hard time believing we'd pull this kid's offer for any injury that wouldn't legitimately prohibit him from continuing his career. Torn ACL, broken leg, etc still would be crazy to pull this kid's scholarship because of. This is not like Zavian Bingham where he was a JUCO with 2 to play 2. Miller was a high school kid where if he had an injury like that he could've taken a redshirt to heal. I just can't see an injury like that being a reason we'd drop a kid of this caliber.

Again, it's all speculation at this point. All we know for sure is that it's another kid we've lost to another school this class.