Breaking — Sam Miller has decided to give up football

Harry

Stay with the kid. Have him involved with the program in some way. Can't blame him for hanging them up if he has been battling injuries. Seemed like a great kid that was truly interested in UNT. He may not be on scholarship, but keep him involved, show the East Texas kids that UNT is the place to be.

• Upvote 3

Stay with the kid. Have him involved with the program in some way. Can't blame him for hanging them up if he has been battling injuries. Seemed like a great kid that was truly interested in UNT. He may not be on scholarship, but keep him involved, show the East Texas kids that UNT is the place to be.

+1, I agree.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You guys need to realize, we spurned Mcwhorter and made up BS about needing his transcript before we'd take his verbal commitment. I just can't see there being anyway he'd reconsider us. Not to mention he's a strong-side defensive end or 3-tech defensive tackle. Miller was being recruited as a weak-side defensive end. That's not such a huge deal, but combine that with the first point and it's just not going to be him.

Ideally I'd like us to get Derek Watson from Guyer. I wouldn't mind the Tauefa kid at all, either.

• Upvote 2