UNT defensive coordinator update

Harry

I am excited to see how Coach Mac develops his staff in the coming weeks. D Mac knows football and networks matter. The volume got turned up by what is going on over on the hilltop. This is a crucial hire and experience, energy and chemistry are all going to play a big role on the selection - as they should and need to.

Enjoy the journey Coach. Popping the popcorn and getting excited for next year already.

GMG

• Upvote 1

Here's another currently unemployed dude I wouldn't mind having (while we're dreaming):
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1354994

For those of you clamoring for a young, energetic guy, you don't get much younger for a DC.

For those of you clamoring for a recruiter, he was NE's recruiting coordinator in 2011.

According to Rivals, Nebraska's 2011 class was ranked #15 & the 2012 class was ranked #25 in the nation.

I am excited to see how Coach Mac develops his staff in the coming weeks. D Mac knows football and networks matter. The volume got turned up by what is going on over on the hilltop. This is a crucial hire and budget, budget and budget are all going to play a big role on the selection - as they should and need to.

Enjoy the journey Coach. Popping the popcorn and getting excited for next year already.

GMG

Fixed to be more accurate

We don't not need another old school mentality on this staff. We need young blood that is going to energize the current roster and that is going to hit the recruiting trail like a punching bag. We need to go another direction.

This is what Mac did when he first got hired. That's why he went out and hired a young up and coming but closely connected guy, Bowen, for his first staff. After he left to go back to Kansas, Mac turned to Skladany in a "Hey I'm in a bind help me out" situation.