OT : NJIT

NT03

CMJ what happened to your posts every night about our conference mates games? You use to post the final scores. Just curious because tonight they did poorly. Rice barley beat a lower division team, LA teach barley beat 1-7 jackson state, and it took middle an overtime to beat ASU by 1. I think they went 3-5 on the night with no impressive wins and some terrible losses.

Does this open up the conference to anyone? Outside of rice.....

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

CMJ what happened to your posts every night about our conference mates games? You use to post the final scores. Just curious because tonight they did poorly. Rice barley beat a lower division team, LA teach barley beat 1-7 jackson state, and it took middle an overtime to beat ASU by 1. I think they went 3-5 on the night with no impressive wins and some terrible losses.

Does this open up the conference to anyone? Outside of rice.....

I can start doing them again if you like...but they rarely got much attention till conference season rolled around, so i decided i'd wait until then. I could begin early though.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

I can start doing them again if you like...but they rarely got much attention till conference season rolled around, so i decided i'd wait until then. I could begin early though.

I always enjoyed it and I feel like fans pay not attention. I try to watch every game or track it on the espn app. Rice barely beating two division 2 schools is terrible. Maybe if fans realized other schools are losing to no names or bad teams they might ease up on their criticism. La teach, ODU, and UTEP will be tough but the 4 spot seems open for the taking at this point.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I always enjoyed it and I feel like fans pay not attention. I try to watch every game or track it on the espn app. Rice barely beating two division 2 schools is terrible. Maybe if fans realized other schools are losing to no names or bad teams they might ease up on their criticism. La teach, ODU, and UTEP will be tough but the 4 spot seems open for the taking at this point.

I recently hired a dog to crap exclusively in your yard for a week and you didn't really notice - just kept saying how nice it was to have time to be outside. I then hired a few of his friends to crap in all of your neighbor's yards. Luckily, you just keep pointing and going "see, we all have dog crap in our yards, so quit complaining" every time your wife said something about the smell and stepping in the mess.

The dogs have never been happier.

• Upvote 3

Our fans would go nuts if we lost to them..... It's basketball and is pests happen. That's what makes it fun! Anyone can win at any time.

I would love to share in this reaction. Lately, however, when I see scores like this, all I think about is how North Texas NEVER is the team that pulls off the huge upset . . . in basketball or football. And, we've been trying for a LONG time.

• Upvote 1

I would love to share in this reaction. Lately, however, when I see scores like this, all I think about is how North Texas NEVER is the team that pulls off the huge upset . . . in basketball or football. And, we've been trying for a LONG time.

This has been true since I have been a fan.mits hard for me to think of a huge upset our team has pulled off. LSU was terrible when we beat them. Texas tech was not great. Was OSU having a good season when we beat them? I cannot remeber a time our team had a real upset win over the past couple decades. I am sure someone could find one somewhere if they did some research though. I would hope.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This has been true since I have been a fan.mits hard for me to think of a huge upset our team has pulled off. LSU was terrible when we beat them. Texas tech was not great. Was OSU having a good season when we beat them? I cannot remeber a time our team had a real upset win over the past couple decades. I am sure someone could find one somewhere if they did some research though. I would hope.

Ha. OK, I should clarify my point. First, I don't mean to diminish any of the quality wins above. But, I was really referring to wins over ranked teams. Meanwhile, I'm fearing a blowout loss to SFA for the second year in a row, so, it doesn't exactly feel like we're on the verge of getting to where we need to go. Hope I'm wrong--the season is still young, I suppose.

Ha. OK, I should clarify my point. First, I don't mean to diminish any of the quality wins above. But, I was really referring to wins over ranked teams. Meanwhile, I'm fearing a blowout loss to SFA for the second year in a row, so, it doesn't exactly feel like we're on the verge of getting to where we need to go. Hope I'm wrong--the season is still young, I suppose.

The season is still young. I think we have a height and athletism advantage over SFA. They could blow us out, but I do not see it. Hope I am right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Our last BB win over a ranked team was in 1971 over Louisville.

And this was the first time NJIT had ever played a ranked team.

Our last BB win over a ranked team was in 1971 over Louisville.

And this was the first time NJIT had ever played a ranked team.

Are you sure? I have always seen we lost every time I look this up.

http://www.fanbase.com/514811-1971-01-07

Again the program the last home game before we played Arkansas said UNT has never beaten a ranked opponent. At least that is what I recalled. I do not remeber and I did not keep it. I have asked people on facebook who would know and they have said we have never beaten a ranked team and I have tried to look it up online and found the same thing. Can someone please post something that shows we have beaten a ranked team? As much as I like to read what people type, having some proof would be nice. Can someone please post evidence of a win?

Edited by Andrew

Are you sure? I have always seen we lost every time I look this up.http://www.fanbase.com/514811-1971-01-07

Again the program the last home game before we played Arkansas said UNT has never beaten a ranked opponent. I thought it even had the loss totals. Something like 0-39. I do not remeber and I did not keep it. I have asked people on facebook who would know and they have said we have never beaten a ranked team and I have tried to look it up online and found the same thing. Can someone please post something that shows we have beaten a ranked team? As much as I like to read what people type, having some proof would be nice. Can someone please post evidence of a win?

We were in the same conference, played them twice. Looks at the whole schedule on your link

We were in the same conference, played them twice. Looks at the whole schedule on your link

Thanks. I was going off what I was sent which only showed the five games. We're they ranked then? Im more confused why if we beat them and they were ranked it would not have been mentioned before.