SFA Sunday Dec 14

NT03

We still match up well size wise and in athletic ability. SFA is decent and could beat us. I still think we have a chance but it could be tough. This schedule seams to be the most difficult schedule I can recall. At least the toughest in a decade? Vito could probably help out.. Half our out of Confrence opponents are greats teams, yet the other half is sub par.

So, statistics say we have an average OOC schedule in terms of difficulty?
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So, statistics say we have an average OOC schedule in terms of difficulty?

I would say above average. It sure beats playing cameron, Texas pan handle, Grambling, jackson state, SE lousinsna, UTA, texas state, and Kansas.... We have always had far below average out of Confrence schedules for years.

Going 6-6 is a possibility and that's not terrible. Beating SFA a and Tech would allow us to go 8-4 which would be fantastic.

• Upvote 1

But earlier this week you said :

And opinions change daily. Do teams stay in the top 25 all year? No.... They win games, they lose games, they grow, they adapt, some get better and some get worse. The logic here amazes me. Either a team is good or bad. How can it be that simple? I thought we would beat them and now I think it will be tough. Since then I have seen SFA improve and UNT a stay stagnant.

Remeber at the start of the our football season when everyone thought we would be good? Then suddenly people started ragging on the team. They can change their opinions yet I cannot? Where is the logic there? I still think out team will be ok this season. SFA has looked good over the past week or so while we have been on a tough road stretch and progressively gotten worse our last two games. That is a red flag to me. Those are things you look at going into games. SFA has momentum and we do not. It's as simple as that.

• Upvote 2

And opinions change daily. Do teams stay in the top 25 all year? No.... They win games, they lose games, they grow, they adapt, some get better and some get worse. The logic here amazes me. Either a team is good or bad. How can it be that simple? I thought we would beat them and now I think it will be tough. Since then I have seen SFA improve and UNT a stay stagnant.

Remeber at the start of the our football season when everyone thought we would be good? Then suddenly people started ragging on the team. They can change their opinions yet I cannot? Where is the logic there? I still think out team will be ok this season. SFA has looked good over the past week or so while we have been on a tough road stretch and progressively gotten worse our last two games. That is a red flag to me. Those are things you look at going into games. SFA has momentum and we do not. It's as simple as that.

You constantly have to walk back your opinions though. You keep saying some of the teams we have on our schedule are mediocre at best and when they suddenly look good you have to revise history in order to cover a lack of understanding just how good a team really is.

• Upvote 3

You constantly have to walk back your opinions though. You keep saying some of the teams we have on our schedule are mediocre at best and when they suddenly look good you have to revise history in order to cover a lack of understanding just how good a team really is.

No.... Going into the season everyone knew the 6 good to decent teams on our OOC schedule and the 6 cupcakes. Going 6-6 was the worst case scenario, while going 8-4 could have been a possibility. Everyone had us losing to OSU a, Creighton, and Arkansas. Iona, SFA, and Tech will be the three games that give any indication of how good our team is. Those are the only three games that truly matter. So far we lost to a good Iona team by 20 at home. You are true in saying that the lose is not helping my case. I have two more games (SFA and Tech) to truly see where the team is. Going into the season everyone was running on the idea that SFA has a good coach (possible) and that their success last year would carry (more of a possibility). Was that not the logic used for out football team? Where did that get us? It got us to a 4-8? (I did not pay attention to our final record. I just know it was bad. SFA is has been mediocre this season. They have shown their coach is ok and their team is not as good as last season. They are however on a winning streak while we have a 2 game losing streak albeit to two very good teams. They have momentum and home court. That is where we stand. At this point the odds are not in our favor, even though they are not as good as last season when they put a lickin' on us at home.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

No.... Going into the season everyone knew the 6 good to decent teams on our OOC schedule and the 6 cupcakes. Going 6-6 was the worst case scenario, while going 8-4 could have been a possibility. Everyone had us losing to OSU a, Creighton, and Arkansas. Iona, SFA, and Tech will be the three games that give any indication of how good our team is. Those are the only three games that truly matter. So far we lost to a good Iona team by 20 at home. You are true in saying that the lose is not helping my case. I have two more games (SFA and Tech) to truly see where the team is. Going into the season everyone was running on the idea that SFA has a good coach (possible) and that their success last year would carry (more of a possibility). Was that not the logic used for out football team? Where did that get us? It got us to a 4-8? (I did not pay attention to our final record. I just know it was bad. SFA is has been mediocre this season. They have shown their coach is ok and their team is not as good as last season. They are however on a winning streak while we have a 2 game losing streak albeit to two very good teams. They have momentum and home court. That is where we stand. At this point the odds are not in our favor, even though they are not as good as last season when they put a lickin' on us at home.

I expect a minimum 10 point loss against SFA and likely a 15 point loss to Tech. Were not a good team and OSUArkansas showed us that. We've not beaten anyone of consequence.

I expect a minimum 10 point loss against SFA and likely a 15 point loss to Tech. Were not a good team and OSUArkansas showed us that. We've not beaten anyone of consequence.

That's true. SFA and tech are not half as good as OSU and Arkansas though. SFA and tech are huge. If we lose both by double figures then our season could be doomed. The only thing that would save us is dominating conference play. We need to have a good showing at both.

• Upvote 1

That's true. SFA and tech are not half as good as OSU and Arkansas though. SFA and tech are huge. If we lose both by double figures then our season could be doomed. The only thing that would save us is dominating conference play. We need to have a good showing at both.

There needs to be more than a "good showing" for both games if we're going to have a chance to win.

I plan on making this game with my brother on a circuitous route through East Texas down to Houston. They are short and not that athletic, so I won't be a happy camper (literally camping) if we can't win this one. Haven't visited their coliseum since the 90's, and hopefully my unwashed self will at least be able to stink out a few Lumberjacks if we can't pull it off.

• Upvote 1

I plan on making this game with my brother on a circuitous route through East Texas down to Houston. They are short and not that athletic, so I won't be a happy camper (literally camping) if we can't win this one. Haven't visited their coliseum since the 90's, and hopefully my unwashed self will at least be able to stink out a few Lumberjacks if we can't pull it off.

I may also try to make this game while on a camping trip...

Are we talking about the same SFA that beat Memphis by 10 points[i forget exact score] at Memphis?

Are we talking about the Memphis team that is off to their worst start since 2000-2001?

They can still easily pull out a twenty win season and have a history of winning, but donnot let that somehow indicate their success to this point this season. 3-3 for a Memphis is terrible.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

No TJ Taylor and no Todd Eaglin.... I'm going to say we lose this one pretty bad now.

Maybe we should just not practice. It seems like its hurting us more than helping. Ridiculous that we lose so many players to injury during something so simple as a practice. Is the practice facility cursed or what!?

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1