'15 DL LB TE Josiah Tauaefa

Bump! Not giving up, this kid would change things around here.

Never give up on this. It is so frustrating, when we all know the kind of talent that is just...not recruited by our coaching staff. Doubly frustrating when I read about Euless Trinity head coach Steve Lineweaver talking about how he'd love to see one of his guys playing "just up the road".

Never give up on this. It is so frustrating, when we all know the kind of talent that is just...not recruited by our coaching staff. Doubly frustrating when I read about Euless Trinity head coach Steve Lineweaver talking about how he'd love to see one of his guys playing "just up the road".

Steve Lineweaver retirement was announced today, fwiw.

• 4 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/josiahtauaefa/status/555785095823757315

I still don't understand why we didn't go after this kid!

NT03 showed me a few days ago that rivals now lists a UNT offer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Josiah-Tauaefa-162494?colleges=show

However, we're both pretty skeptical on whether or not we're actually recruiting him. UTSA has to be considered the team to beat as of now.

Disappointing

Very disappointing. We seem to throw too many schollies toward ST and QB guys, when we really need tough and hard working athletic guys on the dark side of the trenches. It's tough to win without them unless you can pile up the points by successfully throwing the ball all over the field, and that's probably not something that we're even willing to try anyway. Frustrating.

Side note last night Josiah was invited to some LT banquet for high school players and such. Soso Jamabo Plano west RB got MVP and Josiah got defensive MVP. Aledo coach got coach of the year. And still UNT has not offered. When he goes to UTSA and just wrecks it will solely be on the coaches for missing this monster. 10 miles down the road.

Side note last night Josiah was invited to some LT banquet for high school players and such. Soso Jamabo Plano west RB got MVP and Josiah got defensive MVP. Aledo coach got coach of the year. And still UNT has not offered. When he goes to UTSA and just wrecks it will solely be on the coaches for missing this monster. 10 miles down the road.

So you think he will sign with UTSA over Colorado St?

I see he is also not too shabby on the hardwood. Had 25 points last night

Colorado is the most recent offer but he has shown the most interest in UTSA. He likes Coker and the idea of staying close to home. Which is why I was really hoping UNT would do something.

Do coaches like the idea of recruits playing another sport besides track?

Edited by MEANGREENCOACH2

Do coaches like the idea of recruits playing another sport besides track?

There is a stat going around that says 42 of the 47 recruits signed by Urban Meyer at Ohio State played multiple sports in HS ( I believe most were track). Just 5 signing were football players only. Coaches want athletes

Matbe this kid really can play, but i am glad we have expanded our recruiting footprint. Seems to me like a lot of local kids and coaches are upset they are not getting their safety net offer from north Texas. Hopefully those days are in the past. Cant change percepton if we keep doing the same old things.

Maybe there is a reason this kid only has a couple of offersand it's not a UNT conspiracy against the kid.

• Upvote 1

Matbe this kid really can play, but i am glad we have expanded our recruiting footprint. Seems to me like a lot of local kids and coaches are upset they are not getting their safety net offer from north Texas. Hopefully those days are in the past. Cant change percepton if we keep doing the same old things.

Maybe there is a reason this kid only has a couple of offersand it's not a UNT conspiracy against the kid.

I'm hoping its because the staff is confident we will land Combs

So we have local ex college athletes mocking us FOR ignoring local talent?

Hmmmm, there you go!

Rick

Who has ever heard of his brother? So his family got to read his twat, or twit, or whatever you call it. Maybe there is a reason he has one or now two offers, one from UTSA, and nobody else. I would like to see an offer based on his highlights, but there are some highlights of an OL recruit on here. Many show them playing Lake Dallas and Joshy did not do much in those. In fact, he got pushed around quite a bit. There is a reason he only has a few offers. Coach Patrick is much more knowledgable on these matters than me, so I would love to know his thoughts. Too bad coaches ard not allowed to comment. Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1