MGB; Jarvis Baxter makes the call

Brett Vito

That's tough. I'm still hoping for a starting lineup of Harris at slot and Goree and Kidsy outside. I think Baxter would've played and probably been in that top 4. Depth at WR hasn't been great under Mccarney. I don't think we've ever had more than 3 legitimate CUSA (or Sunbelt) level starting receivers. Hopefully Rutherford or Smiley can provide solid depth. I still wouldn't be surprised to see us get another JUCO receiver. It's pretty 50/50 at this point, IMO.

To be honest, this may be a situation where our bad season hurt us immediately in recruiting. Brett's right about how high he seemed on us for so long.

• Upvote 1

To be honest, this may be a situation where our bad season hurt us immediately in recruiting. Brett's right about how high he seemed on us for so long.[/quote

Exactly what I was thinking.. The So Miss loss hurt in so many ways.. Kicked us out of bowl contention & possible recruits. There is no way we lose to UTSA if we are going down there sitting on 5 wins

Yup. Southern miss was probably our biggest recruiting weekend of the year. Not to mention Baxter visited for the FIU game, where we threw the ball, iirc, 4 times in the second half. That's not a very comforting sight to see as a receiver recruit who only has two more years of eligibility to play.

Edited by BillySee58

ame="NT03" post="881028" timestamp="1417100598"]

Yup. Southern miss was probably our biggest recruiting weekend of the year. Not to mention Baxter visited for the FIU game, where we threw the ball, iirc, 4 times in the second half. That's not a very comforting sight to see as a receiver recruit who only has two more years of eligibility to play.

Knowing that MiniMac is going to be your QB 1 of those 2 yrs can't help either

• Downvote 2

Sadly , about 99% of the world outside of The UNT fanbase would probably disagree with you there... Amazing considering USF didn't even have a football program while I was in HS

They had there moment in the sun, but have been terrible this year. They barely beat the worst team in FBS (SMU), 14-13. I can't imagine Baxter saw anything better offensively on his trip to USF than he did at UNT.

USF had the same record as us. Other than the SMU win, they beat a terrible UConn 17-14, FCS Western Carolina 36-30, and horrible Tulsa 38-30.

Not exactly the USF of old, here.

Edited by UNT90

• 1 year later...