South Oak Cliff

GMG24

Scouted them and Marshall, and I must say, they have plenty of guys on their line 6'1-6'3 who have no d1 offers but would make nice DTs here IMO. We would have to do some work to find them but they are there.

• Upvote 1

Senior Jalen Goss has offers from Louisville, Arkansas St, N. Arizona and La Tech. I think he would be a good pick up for UNT, although he is only 5-11 / 6 - 0. Can play some at the middle Linebacker position.

Junior Marvin Terry played on the Defense Line the past 2 years but coach moved him to linebacker to start the season. He was not effective at LB and he returned to Defensive end. Terry is a national recruit and has offers from a number of the high majors.

The rest of the guys have some potential but I would not offer them.

There are some big kids on the Oline but I just don't see them being highly recruited. SOC has historically sent their linemen to the SWAC or Juco. The best OL last year was 1st team All State and ended up at Navarro. (6-6, 275 E'onte Jenkins)

A couple of kids will be back next year in Duvon Duru & Anton Sanford

Chauncey McCaulie

6"0

Courtney Jimmerson

5'11

Jalen Goss

6"0

Kameron Stubberfield

6'1

Kortland Finley

6"0

Deric Charles

6'3

Demarcus Newman

5'10

Adryous Masters

6'2

Demontrel Weathers

6'2

Anton Sanford

6'3

Duvon Duru

6'3

Daniel Cruz

5'9

Taylor Stafford

6'3

DeMarcus Lott

6'1

Colby McDade

6'2

• Upvote 2

DISD generally doesn't develop good linemen. Has a lot to do with resources and coaching. Historically, the measurables have been there. Same thing with the Houston ISD. I guess college coaches feel that it may take too long to develop linemen that they generally pass on the kids. Skill positions has always been different. Same reason Houston & Dallas hasn't had a state champion in years.

SOC has 3 D1 receivers committed: LaDaryl Blair (Boise St), Lamont Johnson (SMU) & JF Thomas (TCU). The 4th receiver is Notre Dame commit, Prentice McKinney (playing more and more on offense but primarily plays safety)

RB Jordan Stevenson is close to a DISD rushing record with over 5,000 yard. (committed to UT)

SOC has now advanced further than they have since my junior year in HS (70-71); when the refs took us in the back shed against Permian in Lubbock. SOC takes on #1 ranked Ennis Friday in Mansfield. As always, I'm in the house!

Edited by Cooley
  • Upvote 1

Yep Soc I believe is up to 12 d1 commits on their team only two are lineman (both DL) ones probably an OLB in college. I was interested in watching The Colony's offense match up with SOC. Oh well gotta take care if business. Ennis has some good players that I wish UNT would also recruit a few of their players.

Back to the recruiting issue. Hell, I would take a shot with one or two of them. Find the two with the most athletic ability, redshirt them, develop them with Wintrich and Patrick, and see how they develop. Couldn't hurt and could open up a huge pipeline.

• Upvote 1