UNT QB Comparison

BIG DAWG

RS Freshman Benched QB - 59.7% Completion, 7TDs, 4 INTs

Jr Starting QB - 55% Completion, 5 TDs, 7 INTs

One happens to be extremely mobile

Why in the hell do we keep running MiniMac out there?

The only throw he can routinely make is that pass out to the flat, or the WR screen, after that it's an adventure.

We can barely beat the bad teams, but any team half way decent is going yo stop our run game and force Mini to beat them, and he CANT!

People say he is Thompson all over again...he makes Thompson look like Manning

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

To be fair, 3 of DW's TDs where against Nicholls. Even when you take those away he still has a better TD/INT ratio.

What is totally befuddling to me is that this is apparently the stat line that convinced Mac that DW should not take another snap this year:

11/21 (52%) 124 YDS (5.9 YPA) 1TD 2INT

And this is AM's line today, which apparently is good enough to continue to be the starting QB in Mac's eyes:

11/25 (44%) 105 YDS (4.2 YPA) 1TD 2INT

The passing this game this year has been terrible, the very best perforomace we have had against FBS level opposition is DW @ Indiana:

18/34 (53%) 205 YDS (6.0 YPA) 3TD 2INT

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Any young QB with any ounce of skill will be crazy to come to UNT if things remain the same. If canales and Mac still have anything to do with this offense, and a qb still decides to come to UNT/remain at UNT, then they have poor decision making abilities, poor foresight, and poor analysis.

Forget going to film study with Chico. Forget coming to the facilities during the offseason. All you need to see is the last three years of game replays and judge for yourself.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I just went through Dajon's tweets, and would like to know what tweet is pissing people off? There are definitely some you could read something into if you were really trying, but I didn't see anything disparaging towards NT or the program.

Saw some positive posts about the program...nothing I would say that was directly negative toward the program, or anything negative about his future with the program

• Upvote 1

Any young QB with any ounce of skill will be crazy to come to UNT if things remain the same. If canales and Mac still have anything to do with this offense, and a qb still decides to come to UNT/remain at UNT, then they have poor decision making abilities, poor foresight, and poor analysis.

Forget going to film study with Chico. Forget coming to the facilities during the offseason. All you need to see is the last three years of game replays and judge for yourself.

Just curious . . . what good do you believe is going to come of your posting this on a public forum that recruits read?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have stated here that I would have liked to see DW play more this season. The coaches have the opinion that right now mini gives us a better chance to win games. You need to win games to recruit and show hope for the future. We may disagree with them on DW but it's their call to make. I seriously doubt they are trying to lose games. As fans we will just have to agree to disagree on this.

Keep in mind DW is a RS Freshman. He has 3 more years to play in this program and mature. We all know what type of potential he has.

I also think mini playing over DW may be predicated on this not being as stout a defense as last season.

I don't think that mini starting next season is a foregone conclusion. Dajon will have another year to learn. And let's not forget Conner Means who will be available as well.

After tonight's win I feel better about the future. It would have been easy to check out this season but I saw some effort and pride on behalf of the seniors tonight. That's a good sign. A win over UTSA would be even better! GMG

I am not convinced Andrew starts next year. The qb position will be open. Can dw mature and take charge of the responsibility? He did not this year he will have a chance in 15. May the best qb win.

GMG

• Upvote 1

I have stated here that I would have liked to see DW play more this season. The coaches have the opinion that right now mini gives us a better chance to win games. You need to win games to recruit and show hope for the future. We may disagree with them on DW but it's their call to make. I seriously doubt they are trying to lose games. As fans we will just have to agree to disagree on this.

Keep in mind DW is a RS Freshman. He has 3 more years to play in this program and mature. We all know what type of potential he has.

I also think mini playing over DW may be predicated on this not being as stout a defense as last season.

I don't think that mini starting next season is a foregone conclusion. Dajon will have another year to learn. And let's not forget Conner Means who will be available as well.

After tonight's win I feel better about the future. It would have been easy to check out this season but I saw some effort and pride on behalf of the seniors tonight. That's a good sign. A win over UTSA would be even better! GMG

Forget dajon...I would rather see Greer get his shot again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

RS Freshman Benched QB - 59.7% Completion, 7TDs, 4 INTs

Jr Starting QB - 55% Completion, 5 TDs, 7 INTs

One happens to be extremely mobile

Why in the hell do we keep running MiniMac out there?

The only throw he can routinely make is that pass out to the flat, or the WR screen, after that it's an adventure.

We can barely beat the bad teams, but any team half way decent is going yo stop our run game and force Mini to beat them, and he CANT!

People say he is Thompson all over again...he makes Thompson look like Manning

WHERE IS YOUR LEADERSHIP STATISTIC!?

• Upvote 7

How many interceptions for td's has McNulty got? How many interceptions for td's has Dajon got? Wasnt that the main issue that Mac said that we just can't have that?!

Who has that number? I can think of three off the top of my head for Mcnulty... And two for Dajon?

As for fumbles... I would like to know how many points did the opponent score off of mcnulty' fumbles? How many for Dajon?

This was a determinate for coach to make his decisions.... Well?

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 1

How many interceptions for td's has McNulty got? How many interceptions for td's has Dajon got? Wasnt that the main issue that Mac said that we just can't have that?!

Who has that number? I can think of three off the top of my head for Mcnulty... And two for Dajon?

As for fumbles... I would like to know how many points did the opponent score off of mcnulty' fumbles? How many for Dajon?

This was a determinate for coach to make his decisions.... Well?

McNulty has 5 tds to 11 INTS on his career.

Dajon has 7 tds to 4 INTS on his career.

Clearly McNulty is the better player. I'm thinking Mac does not look at stats. I'm guessing he has a running log of successful handoffs and that is how he decides which QB touches the field.

• Upvote 1

Just curious . . . what good do you believe is going to come of your posting this on a public forum that recruits read?

Recruits see this stuff on every team's message board who has a 4-7 record. It's not just our board

trust me, the coaches are putting much worse stuff out there. Its visible too. Being broadcast nationwide.

Neither of those replies answers my question. You put your post on a public forum for recruits to read, so you must think it will have a positive effect...what is that positive effect you expect?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Neither of those replies answers my question. You put your post on a public forum for recruits to read, so you must think it will have a positive effect...what is that positive effect you expect?

The posts on these sites are for UNT fans to read. Not for recruits. Yes recruits go to sites and read content concerning themselves. I doubt they use a site to determine where they will go.

If they did....there are plenty of pro Mac, kool aid drinking and sunshine pumping posts from me and others before this season started, to balance it out.

• Upvote 1

McNulty has 5 tds to 11 INTS on his career.

Dajon has 7 tds to 4 INTS on his career.

Clearly McNulty is the better player. I'm thinking Mac does not look at stats. I'm guessing he has a running log of successful handoffs and that is how he decides which QB touches the field.

I want to know how many turn overs translated directly to opponents points.

I want to know how many turn overs translated directly to opponents points.

I would assume McNulty has more. Dajon has had 3 lead to points. Mcnutly has had that many probably just this year (not citing his other seasons). I count turns over to points as even turning it over and then having the other team move it down the field offensively and then score.