Iona (11/23/14)

CMJ

CMJ, do you watch from College Sports live subscription? How much is it/is it the worth it for the basketball season? Wondering what the video quality is like and how easy it is to just do it monthly during basketball with all the non-televised games.

I just listen to KNTU's stream.

Edited by CMJ

Refs have missed about three traveling calls on Iona

They have also missed some fouls as a result of the physical play going under the basket. Our guys were getting knocked around quite a bit. Edited by UNTFan23

Iona is a really good team, and we showed we can play with teams like that in the first half. We slowed down they leading scorer in the second half by keeping Greg glued to him. Most of his points in the second half came off free throws. We just need to knock down more shots and quit the silly turnovers. I believe this team can easily be better than last years team and I can see that they're playing with more emotion which is a good sign. We finally got a test and now it's time to learn from it and improve. Far to soon to worry.

• Upvote 2

Our d was pretty good in the first half, then we lost all intensity once they went on the 10-0 run.

Can't believe how careless we are with the ball. I agree with the passing I can't remember how many times I saw a player streaking to beat the press, and I just watched them pass it backwards.

Still crazy to me how a guy like Bedford has been with the program's he's been with, and didn't learn anything from that time.

Rick is a salesman, and so is benford. That's the reason he hired him. That's why he can still get decent recruits. Let's hope we can find a young guy that can maybe coach a little next year. Really tired of seeing all these slc coaches never being even considered by us.

• Upvote 1

Turnovers are a killer for this team.

Guard play, specifically point guard play. Was gawdawful. If that's all we have at that position the whole year, we are screwed. Better pray Reece gets eligible.

Same terrible offense with guys playing scared.

Combs was impressive. I think he could be a good player for the next several years. Always around the ball against a good opponent.

Wesley not even on the bench. I wonder if he is still with the program.

Gonna be a long year, I fear. Thanks groupon, I'll see you again for the UTEP game (if you are offered then)

• Downvote 1

Iona is a really good team, and we showed we can play with teams like that in the first half. We slowed down they leading scorer in the second half by keeping Greg glued to him. Most of his points in the second half came off free throws. We just need to knock down more shots and quit the silly turnovers. I believe this team can easily be better than last years team and I can see that they're playing with more emotion which is a good sign. We finally got a test and now it's time to learn from it and improve. Far to soon to worry.

I agree with you, Iona looks quite stout.