UNT Commit Rickey Brice Video

Harry

Gmoney: answers no. He's soft as a baby's butt. I coached against him we put a 5'10 guy on him who played mlb and he wore his butt out all night. Brice (unless something's changed in 2 Bball seasons) can't and wont score with his back to the basket.

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Gmoney: answers no. He's soft as a baby's butt. I coached against him we put a 5'10 guy on him who played mlb and he wore his butt out all night. Brice (unless something's changed in 2 Bball seasons) can't and wont score with his back to the basket.

Why did this warrant a -1? Does anyone have evidence to the contrary and not just ire because he's not waving pom poms?

What this video shows me is jumpers against kids 4-6 inches shorter in a small gym.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

So a more talented Forrest Robinson?

Also, were the refs swallowing the whistle that day?

• Upvote 1

Forrest Robinson was a much better HS player than Brice was as a junior. Hopefully he develops at NT unlike a long long string of 6'10 players at NT.

• Upvote 1

Forrest Robinson was a much better HS player than Brice was as a junior. Hopefully he develops at NT unlike a long long string of 6'10 players at NT.

Rivals had brics in the top 15 centers in the nation last I checked. I am sure he has a lot of growing to do. I am not saying he will come on and be an amazing player immediately either. Still.... He has everything he needs to be a great player for UNT.

This kid has potential no doubt, I just wanted to make known what I saw first hand. A big athletic soft 6'10 at the time big guy who wanted nothing to do with physical play inside the paint. Hopefully that changes, but I also played against Ben Knox and I saw how that worked out at unt... I guarded Ben and I was 5'11 in HS HE SCORED 4 points and fouled out. This guy is more athletic than him but rivals his softness....

Also, 10 inch vertical is about what I remembered from playing him. Hope he proves me wrong :)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Forrest Robinson was a skinny six nine 3 point shooter. Brice has the potential to develop into a big bodied shot blocking defensive post player. Anything great on the offensive end will be gravy. No comparison between the two players.

Brice's build rivals Robinson's. Just about the same.

In a whole lotta ways.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Brice is taller and has a lot more mass on him.

Robinson reminds me more of jermey combs.

Sometimes I think you smoke crack.

He does not have a lot more mass on him, unless Tony Benford was walking around with another 6'10" recruit 8 days ago.

And you compare combs to Robinson?

I miss the good old days when the most frequent poster in the basketball forum actually knew a whole lot about basketball.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Sometimes I think you smoke crack.

He does not have a lot more mass on him, unless Tony Benford was walking around with another 6'10" recruit 8 days ago.

And you compare combs to Robinson?

I miss the good old days when the most frequent poster in the basketball forum actually knew a whole lot about basketball.

Size wise yes. Robinson was closer to combs than to Brice.

According to what I found online Brice is almost 3 inches taller then Robinson and 40 plus pounds bigger....

Robinson was 217 at UNT and Combs is 205. Brice is over 260....

Brice is almost 3 inches taller where Combs is only two inches shorter than Robinson.

So yes size wise Robinson is more like Combs than Brice. That is a fact. Sorry to actually look up their height and weight...

On the court they all have a different style.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry, Andrew. But 90 is right. Although this may be a little less off than your Maurice Aniefiok and Roger Franklin comparison you kept making last year.

Brice is 6'11" and 225 lbs. So only one inch taller and 8 lbs heavier than Forrest when he was here. Very similar. Meanwhile Jeremy Combs is only 6'6" and 185 lbs. Brice and Forrest are much closer than Forrest is to Combs. That is a fact.

http://247sports.com/Player/Rickey-Brice-34262

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/jeremy-combs-pf-2014

Truth is, you can't trust all listings to be accurate. Not even from official team sites. A barefoot Combs, with that mess on his head chopped off, would not surprise me at all if he only measured out to be 6'6". Combs is a 4 trapped in a shooting guard's body.

Robinson and Brice do appear to be much closer. The Rickey Brice in the highlight films you find on him is not 7'0" 260 lbs. He might be now, because he's obviously grown a lot over these last few years, but it's hard to tell for sure. Especially if you're relying on listed measurables online. But Forrest is much closer to Brice, based on the videos of Brice online. They both have legitimate D1 post size. Combs does not, but he makes up for it in the way he plays. If Combs had their size he'd probably be at a school like Kentucky or Kansas.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When I checked both rivals and espn Brice averaged out to 260.... He was also at the basketball madness event on the court standing close to the players.he was taller than every player on the team and looked about as thick as Voss. Voss is listed at 240 and 3 maybe 4 inches shorter than Brice. That extra height would add extra pounds.

I know that they always over estimate guys heights and weight which is why you can still compare them. I would say at the event Brice looked about Coleman's height and just. Bit thinner. That is definitely bigger than Robinson.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry, Andrew. But 90 is right. Although this may be a little less off than your Maurice Aniefiok and Roger Franklin comparison you kept making last year.

Brice is 6'11" and 225 lbs. So only one inch taller and 8 lbs heavier than Forrest when he was here. Very similar. Meanwhile Jeremy Combs is only 6'6" and 185 lbs. Brice and Forrest are much closer than Forrest is to Combs. That is a fact.

http://247sports.com/Player/Rickey-Brice-34262

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/jeremy-combs-pf-2014

Truth is, you can't trust all listings to be accurate. Not even from official team sites. A barefoot Combs, with that mess on his head chopped off, would not surprise me at all if he only measured out to be 6'6". Combs is a 4 trapped in a shooting guard's body.

Robinson and Brice do appear to be much closer. The Rickey Brice in the highlight films you find on him is not 7'0" 260 lbs. He might be now, because he's obviously grown a lot over these last few years, but it's hard to tell for sure. Especially if you're relying on listed measurables online. But Forrest is much closer to Brice, based on the videos of Brice online. They both have legitimate D1 post size. Combs does not, but he makes up for it in the way he plays. If Combs had their size he'd probably be at a school like Kentucky or Kansas.

He is nowhere near 260. I saw him with Benford at the USM game. Kid immediately reminded me of Forrest because of his build.

I should know better and just ignore Andrew.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/187935/rickey-brice

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Ricky-Brice-147227;_ylt=A0SO8xeyeldUuhEAQyTBGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTE0aWxnNGxuBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1RBVVMwMTFfMQ--

I cannot find the other site I had up that also had him listed at 260. Every website I have seen has him between 260 and 270 and 6-10 and 7ft tall.

I also have eyes and can compare him to the size of the players around him who also have their heights and weight posted online.