RB in passing game

GOMG2013

Maybe I haven't been paying attention. Can someone with more knowledge shed some light on this for me. I noticed the pick 6 Dajon threw against uab, he tried to force it into pegram. Stupid decision considering the coverage and who he was throwing to, but why is pegram in there on a passing situation?

End of second qtr against rice, pegram is in there with our hurry up and 90 secs left. He dropped a pass and Terrell dropped a pass. I think he missed a block up the middle and went out for a pass while mcnulty got killed.

We also had a 1st and 5, and threw it to him and he caught it but slipped for a 4 yard loss.

I also see where he lined up in the backfield and went in motion to split out as a wr.

Is pegram our best reciever out of the backfield? I thought jimmerson was much more dangerous as a threat and would require more attention as a receiver. Am I missing something?

Edited by GOMG2013
  • Upvote 2

Maybe I haven't been paying attention. Can someone with more knowledge shed some light on this for me. I noticed the pick 6 Dajon threw against uab, he tried to force it into pegram. Stupid decision considering the coverage and who he was throwing to, but why is pegram in there on a passing situation?

End of second qtr against rice, pegram is in there with our hurry up and 90 secs left. He dropped a pass and Terrell dropped a pass. I think he missed a block up the middle and went out for a pass while mcnulty got killed.

We also had a 1st and 5, and threw it to him and he caught it but slipped for a 4 yard loss.

I also see where he lined up in the backfield and went in motion to split out as a wr.

Is pegram our best reciever out of the backfield? I thought jimmerson was much more dangerous as a threat and would require more attention as a receiver. Am I missing something?

They need to ditch that play to Pegram. Agreed. He ran off of the field like he was tired after that play you speak of. Which is another issue, we have guys calling themselves off the field after one or two plays. I understand wanting to stay fresh but for goodness sake you can't ever get any consistency!

They wouldn't be calling themselves out if they were not being told they could. It goes along with the runningback by committee horse$hit that has proven itself a failure.

Think back on during some of our greatest runningback performances over the years and you'll remember many times in which Cobbs, Thomas, Dunbar held in check the first 10-15 carries...then BOOM, there he go!

I hate this offense and how it's operated since 2011.

Rick

• Upvote 2