Attention any/all high school quarterbacks

emmitt01

Come to North Texas. The job is, quite literally, yours for the taking and it won't take much to be an upgrade. Mac had this to say about Mini Mac...

"“We don’t need to keep moving guys around and changing quarterbacks,” McCarney said. “Who the hell wants that? I don’t. Nobody does. He’s our guy this week and maybe the rest of this season and all of next year if he takes care of the ball and keeps making plays. It’s not like he didn’t make plays. He did make plays. We didn’t make enough, but I was really encouraged, rather than discouraged with the job he did leading our offense.”

Seriously? It would take more work to NOT be an upgrade.

As long as you "take care of the ball" actual ability to translate those possessions into points isn't a real pre-requisite here. So, come one come all to North Texas!!!!

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I have a prediction that taking care of the ball ends on Saturday.

Hope I'm wrong.

What else to you expect a coach to say, though? I mean seriously? Is he going to say "we don't really have an FBS QB on this team, so we might as well just pick one and stick with him"?

That ain't gonna happen.

Edited by UNT90

I've seen QB's quoted for their desire to play in spread offenses. Some just prefer to sling it around, sure. But are there example quotes of QBs dismissing a system for being too old or conservative?

Main point: Every year there are how many QB recruits? you're not going to convince me that we are not getting a capable QB because they are laughing en mass at our gameplan.

Edited by greenminer

Just to and fuel to the fire, I know with as much time as Canales has spent with Chris on the phone every week for the last 6 months, he'd probably commit on the spot. Just waiting for Canales to get the green light to even take a 2015 QB. We'll be in Denton on the 22nd of Nov for the FIU game.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2464718/highlights/158367386

We'll all be rooting for you! Just let us know what kind of food you like and people will be giving a laundry list of their fav Denton places.

• Upvote 1

Just to and fuel to the fire, I know with as much time as Canales has spent with Chris on the phone every week for the last 6 months, he'd probably commit on the spot. Just waiting for Canales to get the green light to even take a 2015 QB. We'll be in Denton on the 22nd of Nov for the FIU game.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2464718/highlights/158367386

I love that you posted in this thread. I assume you read Emmitt's original post. Satirical, sure. Far from the truth? Maybe not.

• Upvote 2

I love that you posted in this thread. I assume you read Emmitt's original post. Satirical, sure. Far from the truth? Maybe not.

I did and while I won't disparage any of these QB's, I do think UNT would be a great fit for Chris and the rapport that Chico has built up with Chris is very strong. Somebody just has to get Mac to buy into the fact that UNT needs a 2015 QB...whoever that may end up being.

• Upvote 2

I did and while I won't disparage any of these QB's, I do think UNT would be a great fit for Chris and the rapport that Chico has built up with Chris is very strong. Somebody just has to get Mac to buy into the fact that UNT needs a 2015 QB...whoever that may end up being.

This post is disturbing. If we have a QB on the roster that the coaches are saving for next year, I'd love to know who it is. Standing pat with the three we've been throwing out there this year should not be an option.

I imagine this same type of pity party/weeping and gnashing of teeth would have occurred had McCarney allowed Berglund to start a couple of game and turn the ball over six or seven times with his "athletic ability" as well.

To the Berglund/Berglund, Jr. crowd: It doesn't matter what the game plan is if the quarterback won't learn it. And, further, if he's giving the opposing teams 42 points, he's playing for the wrong team.

What McCarney is signaling to HS kids is that he'll happily offer you a scholarship if you are willing to dedicate yourself to the program and put in the work it takes to be a quarterback at this level. Unfortunately for us and Mac, we've had too many who couldn't or wouldn't.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I imagine this same type of pity party/weeping and gnashing of teeth would have occurred had McCarney allowed Berglund to start a couple of game and turn the ball over six or seven times with his "athletic ability" as well.

To the Berglund/Berglund, Jr. crowd: It doesn't matter what the game plan is if the quarterback won't learn it. And, further, if he's giving the opposing teams 42 points, he's playing for the wrong team.

What McCarney is signaling to HS kids is that he'll happily offer you a scholarship if you are willing to dedicate yourself to the program and put in the work it takes to be a quarterback at this level. Unfortunately for us and Mac, we've had too many who couldn't or wouldn't.

What the heck are you talking about?

• Upvote 1

What the heck are you talking about?

I'm talking about the pity party people had here for Berglund, and the one they are having now for Dajon.

This fan base is amazing - they clamor for QBs who show no inclination whatsoever to learn the playbook and the position. They live in the dream world were "athletic" quarterbacks just pull the ball down and run 80 yards.

It's fine against Nicholls State. But, we don't play Nicholls State 12 times a season.

So, get used to having a QB who isn't spotting the opposition 21 points a game and be happy. Sure, it won't be as exciting watching opposing DBs and LBs running back fumbles and interceptions. But, it gives us a better opportunity to win...which I thought was the object of football and other sports.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm talking about the pity party people had here for Berglund, and the one they are having now for Dajon.

This fan base is amazing - they clamor for QBs who show no inclination whatsoever to learn the playbook and the position. They live in the dream world were "athletic" quarterbacks just pull the ball down and run 80 yards.

It's fine against Nicholls State. But, we don't play Nicholls State 12 times a season.

So, get used to having a QB who isn't spotting the opposition 21 points a game and be happy. Sure, it won't be as exciting watching opposing DBs and LBs running back fumbles and interceptions. But, it gives us a better opportunity to win...which I thought was the object of football and other sports.

image.png