UNT Football Scholarship Spreadsheet

NorthTexan95

NCAA doesn't set travel squad size, that is left to conferences. CUSA has a travel squad limit in FB of 66.

NCAA has a limit on "roster size", in actuality a limit on " a limit of 105 student-athletes who may engage in practice activities prior to the institution’s first day of classes or the institution’s first contest, whichever occurs earlier. Exception—National Service Academies."

I've updated the spreadsheet to include Quinn Shanbour. However, other than his name and position I don't have any other information on him. Also, according to this list he's our 106th player and I think we're limited to 105 but I'm not sure about that.

I also added a column for redshirts (RedS). This column notes who has used or is currently using a red shirt. This column was in our original spreadsheet during testing but we took it out because it's a difficult data set to be accurate. If we can't keep it somewhat accurate we may remove it again.

As I said before, we really need everyone's help to keep this list as accurate as possible, especially when it comes to red shirts.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Good work on spreadsheet. I believe Sorge and Walker have only three years left, as they were redshirt freshmen this year

I have always wondered why the official site doesn't list status of players: letters earned, squad, transfer, etc.

Thanks for the info. This has been updated. Maybe the school doesn't list this information because, as I'm finding out, it's always a moving target.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I think we can expect the numbers will work out by fall camp. Inevitable attrition.

A couple things I noticed on a quick scan. You have Dakota Smith listed twice; once under QB and once under linebacker. He should just be under linebacker. And Creighton Barr is also listed twice. Also, Dutton Watson was forced to give up football due to injuries so he won't be on the roster anymore. That should knock it down to 88.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

The top section seems a bit off. Players on ship in that section appear to be 87. Under the 1 year remaining column, would players on ship (21) and walk ons (10) equal total players?

Great resource. Thanks!

GMG

Thanks for pointing this out. Yeah, one formula was addressing the wrong cells. It's now correct.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update on the football team I know that NorthTexan95 and BillySee58 put a lot of effort to develop the spreadsheet. rws69 is correct on Brian Ochs he is identified on the spreadsheet on line 71 and 81.

The spreadsheet is very helpful in identify who is on the team and remaining eligibility.

Thanks again for the spreadsheet

GMG

If Ochs is listed twice, does that open up one spot? I would look but the list looks like a mess on my phone. Still curious about McCain.

We filled up on spots for the class. That's why we can't add anymore. If we had another spot in the class we most likely would've taken Cain and let a spot open up on our roster naturally, between now and beginning of fall camp. Especially considering there's a good chance at least one JUCO won't make it in.

Thanks for the update on the football team I know that NorthTexan95 and BillySee58 put a lot of effort to develop the spreadsheet. rws69 is correct on Brian Ochs he is identified on the spreadsheet on line 71 and 81.

The spreadsheet is very helpful in identify who is on the team and remaining eligibility.

Thanks again for the spreadsheet

GMG

You're welcome and I appreciate th recognition!

• 2 weeks later...