3-4 defense anyone?

Harry

I posted this last season, regarding problems with:

(1) getting enough talented DTs

(2) getting enough talented defensive players

(3) or, both

Teams used for discussion were BYU, Utah, and Oklahoma. I posted a clip about how BYU overcomes their lack of size and speed with 34/52 scheme (whatever they want to call it).

i also posted OU's switch to it last year, a picture.

I'm too tired to look it all up again. Just wanted to chime in again that, given our circumstances, it wouldn't hurt to try during the offseason.

OU is still running it this year. They aren't great. But, they are terrible either. TCU does 335/425.

I posted this last season, regarding problems with:

(1) getting enough talented DTs

(2) getting enough talented defensive players

(3) or, both

Teams used for discussion were BYU, Utah, and Oklahoma. I posted a clip about how BYU overcomes their lack of size and speed with 34/52 scheme (whatever they want to call it).

i also posted OU's switch to it last year, a picture.

I'm too tired to look it all up again. Just wanted to chime in again that, given our circumstances, it wouldn't hurt to try during the offseason.

OU is still running it this year. They aren't great. But, they are terrible either. TCU does 335/425.

The 335 & 425 doesn't change the DL personnel needed in a 3-4/4-3. It's just adding teh hybrid DB and taking out your traditional LB.

• Upvote 1

Assuming we are speaking in all hypotheticals...

What about LBs? I can see moving someone like Polk to OLB, but what about the other OLB? Do we have someone that's good/fast enough for coverage? Who's the other ILB? I haven't seen much love for Wallace around here (been out of town every weekend this month so haven't caught up with my DVR).