Unrealistic Expectations

El Paso Eagle

Just wondering .....

I cannot say for sure or not is DW is the answer or not. However as I keep seeing many want so badly for him to be in there it makes me wonder if there are too many unrealistic expectations based on his first game? We played what might well be one of the worst teams in football and everything looked so easy for DW. Did this give us too unrealistic of a “what could be”? Just wondering.

• Upvote 1

Just wondering .....

I cannot say for sure or not is DW is the answer or not. However as I keep seeing many want so badly for him to be in there it makes me wonder if there are too many unrealistic expectations based on his first game? We played what might well be one of the worst teams in football and everything looked so easy for DW. Did this give us too unrealistic of a what could be? Just wondering.

I bumped the Tap The Brakes thread.

Go to that thread and read. The answer will be comically clear.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just wondering .....

I cannot say for sure or not is DW is the answer or not. However as I keep seeing many want so badly for him to be in there it makes me wonder if there are too many unrealistic expectations based on his first game? We played what might well be one of the worst teams in football and everything looked so easy for DW. Did this give us too unrealistic of a “what could be”? Just wondering.

Yes. There were. Although, he looks to be the type that can freewheel against lesser FCS opponents if he chooses to transfer down to a school with a coach that doesn't expect him to learn the playbook. Angelo State? Sul Ross?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just wondering .....

Yes, there were unrealistic expectations. There were reasons he didn't start before and it was not a case of coaching bias. DW had not put in the work by all accounts including his own. Fate gave him a second chance and he had a great game against a very, very poor team. Since then multiple people with direct connections to the team suggesting he's no putting in the work.

Every level higher in football requires exponentially more work no matter your skill level. Every level higher means skill level can't cover up a lack of work.

We don't live in a static world. Yes, DW is done unless he works harder despite his talent. But he can work harder and the coaches obviously want him to succeed. Mac had repeated said he has a lot of talent. Things can change over time. UTSA can have a legitimate FBS team. TCU can be on top of the the Big 12. Ole Miss can be on top of the SEC West. All these things require work, but they can happen.

• Upvote 1

Just wondering .....

It's entirely possible Greer would have looked like the second coming of Peyton Manning against Nicholls St.

• Upvote 1