MGB: Rickey Brice talks about visit to UNT

Brett Vito

Wow would be a huge pickup for Benford. Guy has an impressive offer list.

Very big pick up. He might get the start from day one at center as well. We also have that 6-1 point guard who put up solid numbers as a junior. If both officially sign we will have definitely replaced TJ and Flannigan. Time to look for solid guys to replace Voss and Williams.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"Brice said he has also received offers from USC, UCLA, Texas, Oklahoma State, Temple, St. Louis and Texas Tech."

“I am leaning toward signing with North Texas,” Brice said

Wow, landing a player of his caliber and height would be incredible for UNT, I wonder why TCU & SMU haven't jumped in to the race.

I could be the only one but even before reading this story I have been feeling a strange amount of optimism for the basketball team. I think the natural law of UNT sports will continue and since we're pretty bad at football this year, basketball will bounce back.

• Upvote 2

Jordan Williams introduced me to the kid this weekend. I asked him how he was liking UNT and he said he was loving it. It was pretty genuine. That being said, talked to J-Will a good bit about the team this year and how things look. He gave me the vibe that anything awesome at the PG position would come from our A&M transfer. Benford brought him up too when I talked to him, that pending eligibility could make all the difference in the season's potential. I heard the other PG option, drawing a blank on the name, is pretty good, until he's pressured.

EDIT: One more thing, i went to a school that played his in High School. My school has been relegated down a few ranks of TAPPS, but i think the small feeling to his school and the general atmosphere plays in really well into what North Texas offers as a feel. Big school, small school feel. Going to one of the other giant programs could be overwhelming if he's used to that level of Private School attention.

Edited by Caw Caw
  • Upvote 2