Official Southern Miss Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

This is going to be the game to salvage the season.

Win it, get some life back in the team, and play Rice next weekend for a shot at .500 in conference play (and .500 overall).

Lose it, and the team likely deflates, possibly not winning another game all year.

The games are getting more and more dire. Weight is piling on. Are the Mean Green up for this challenge?

USM has won 2 against some horrible competition (similar to us), and lost big against the AP #1 & #7 teams. Otherwise, they're somewhat competitive in their losses (unlike us). They're moving the ball well.

I think this is the watershed game for the Mean Green.

MiniMac or DaJon, whoever it is, needs to command the team, and instill hope.

I think Apogee will help here (at least I certainly hope so).

This will be the Mean Green's first 'close' game of the year, and the resiliency of the HOD Bowl Champions comes though.

North Texas - 30

Southern Miss - 24

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

I'm not predicting the score, I'm predicting the board reaction:

If We Win:

KRAM gloats in a least three threads and predicts we win CUSA.

NTEX91 (aka George Dunham) writes another 2400 word essay on the evil of naysayers.

Ben Gooding commits ritual seppuku.

UNT90 rants and raves, constantly pats himself on the back.

Andrew tells us that if we want to see winning, wait until BB season.
RV, Mac and Benford receive 10 years extensions.

Cerebus, CBL and TTG try to prove how smart they are by making comparisons between USM's game plan and Late Renaissance poets. No one is amused.

Vito says QB play was ok, but DT would have thrown 12 TD's and had the best tailgate food in the lot.

DallasGreen says Nicholls would beat us by only 3.

If We Lose:

RV, Mac and Benford receive only 5 year extensions.

SSP finally shanks someone.

Andrew tells us to wait for BB season, cause thats when the winning starts.

Cerebus, CBL and TTG try to prove how smart they are by making comparisons between Mac's recruiting and long form Russian realist drama. No one is amused.

Vito asks if we miss DT. Carves DT in his palms and side, unvoluntarily committed to mental health facility.

DallasGreen says Nicholls would beat us by 77 and 1/2.

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I'm not predicting the score, I'm predicting the board reaction:

If We Win:

KRAM gloats in a least three threads and predicts we win CUSA.

NTEX91 (aka George Dunham) writes another 2400 word essay on the evil of naysayers.

Andrew tells us that if we want to see winning, wait until BB season.

RV, Mac and Benford receive 10 years extensions.

Cerebus, CBL and TTG try to prove how smart they are by making comparisons between USM's game plan and Late Renaissance poets. No one is amused.

Vito says QB play was ok, but DT would have thrown 12 TD's and had the best tailgate food in the lot.

DallasGreen says Nicholls would beat us by only 3.

If We Lose:

RV, Mac and Benford receive only 5 year extensions.

SSP finally shanks someone.

Andrew tells us to wait for BB season, cause thats when the winning starts.

Cerebus, CBL and TTG try to prove how smart they are by making comparisons between Mac's recruiting and long form Russian realist drama. No one is amused.

Vito asks if we miss DT. Carves DT in his palms and side, unvoluntarily committed to mental health facility.

DallasGreen says Nicholls would beat us by 77 and 1/2.

Man, these are all great, but you didn't exaggerate enough on the first line, if we lose--guaranteed lifetime contracts at a minimum for all three...

Oh and my prediction:

UNT--27

USM--23

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 1

Just curious . . . what purpose does outing people who post here serve? I assume if someone wants everyone else to know who he is, he'll tell us.

Mean Green 93-98 is actually Hank Dickenson. This explains his anger at me outing NTEX91.

Harry sold his login credentials to Green Grenade 5 years ago. The real Harry now runs a Oakland Raiders message board, as he considers those fans "more grounded and less likely to stab board administrators."

UNT90 is actually Ramon Flanigan. Think about it. It makes a lot of sense.

TFLF is the shared account used by the North Texas State Hospital. Patients who behave well get to post on Shaggy Bevo, patients who refuse to take their medication are forced to login here.

• Upvote 1

Mean Green 93-98 is actually Hank Dickenson. This explains his anger at me outing NTEX91.

Harry sold his login credentials to Green Grenade 5 years ago. The real Harry now runs a Oakland Raiders message board, as he considers those fans "more grounded and less likely to stab board administrators."

UNT90 is actually Ramon Flanigan. Think about it. It makes a lot of sense.

TFLF is the shared account used by the North Texas State Hospital. Patients who behave well get to post on Shaggy Bevo, patients who refuse to take their medication are forced to login here.

Silver Eagle has visited my tailgate. And I didn't knock over the pop up trying to punch him, so...

Strike one???

I think we win, if only to confirm my theory that those receiving the ill effects of negative emotions are just convenient targets. Not to mention the need to keep people with usernames that conjure up Mattress Mac and Darrell Dickey from showing up.

If in fact we do win, someone on here will try to analyze how USM got so bad so fast in terms of them having no real football tradition. Brett Favre will create an account using a double secret identity and hate on us for 3 or 4 days.