Dallas Stars Hockey 2014-15

I know there's a few hockey fans on this board so with the new season starting yesterday and the Stars beginning tonight I figure it'd be nice place to talk stick and puck.

As for tonight this is a great first game and test for the Stars as the Blackhawks are in town.

Looking forward to seeing the new power play in its debut with Spezza and how our blue line is going to handle the Hawks. I

nteresting stat, Lindy told the Hardline yesterday that through the first 40 games last season the GAA was 3.1, the last 42 they were 2.4. I knew they were better as the season went along but didn't realize it was that big of difference.

My prediction for the year: They'll be in the 6-8 range and will likely be one and done in the playoffs.

I'm freaking excited!

Game Preview: Chicago Blackhawks Open Season Against the Dallas Stars

The Dallas Stars keep looking better and better to me. I think this year is going be great!

And I just was given Tickets for tonight's game with parking pass! Great seats.

Man I am pumped GO Stars!

If you had told me 3 years ago we'd be able to skate circles around the Hawks for long stretches, I'd have laughed in your face. They still have a period to play, but I've seen them torn about Chicago so many times in person the last few years that I'm having trouble registering what I'm seeing. The key will be how much we do this to everyone.

Also, I'm picking us 4 or 5 and we win a series this year before bowing out to someone in 6 or 7. The gap is closing...rapidly.

Hawks fan here--the Stars were the better team tonight. They really look legit.

Very encouraging for stretches.

If you're an optimist, they did that without their big guys really going tonight.

If you're a pessimist, they backed off in the third again and kept taking penalties to put them in that position.

Like I said before, how consistent can they be and are they going to give away points against the lower rung teams?

Very encouraging for stretches.

If you're an optimist, they did that without their big guys really going tonight.

If you're a pessimist, they backed off in the third again and kept taking penalties to put them in that position.

Like I said before, how consistent can they be and are they going to give away points against the lower rung teams?

If the defense stays healthy then I think they'll be able to play like this most of the season. Goose and Daley looked good and I think Goose may have finally turned that corner mentality wise. Nemeth looked great and I'm excited seeing his game and confidence progress even more.

They took crucial penalties in the 3rd but some of those were a bit iffy and there were a few calls that should have been called on Chicago that weren't. That said it will even out during the course of an 82 game season. I think some forget how young this team still is. They've still got some growing up to do and they did happen to lose to the class of the NHL the last 5 years and the front runner by most media types of taking the cup home again.

Dallas did a great job the 1st and 2nd periods, some great up and down hockey all game. Chicago took a couple really cheap shots, a crosscheck to the mouth on Roussel real ugly I thought. I am still not sold on Alex Goligoski, he does not seem to have the speed the hands or the shot to be a good forward minded Defensemen. As a defensive minded Defensemen he does not seem aggressive enough, physical enough and maybe big enough to move opponents out of the crease. But I think it will work itself out we have a bunch of young guys in the minors that will compete for defense positions and push hard for playing time.

I noticed we have some righties now.

I was very happy with Ales Hemsky and Jason Spezza, both were on it on the back check I love to see. Jason looks to have just phenomenal hands as well and can really move a puck.

I was disappointed with Patrick Eaves, he seemed to coast when he should be hustling, did not skate to the puck several times, and made some bad decisions. Seems lazy compared with the rest of the team. If that continues I am not sure he will be here long. I am also not sure about Kevin Connauton and that might be a hangover for me from last year. He left the ice last night and I did not see him come back that I am aware of. He had only 9 minutes so maybe he was hurt on that hit in the corner.

Still not a fan of our power-play! I hope that is fixed this year, I am in the camp of you can't shot enough and quick shots. Plus I like a guy in the center at all times camping in front if the goalie.

Overall very exciting to see what Tom Gaglardi has put together starting with the right staff (Jerry could learn so much from Tom) Jim Lites, Jim Nill (just amazing). Nill and Ruff have put some great players on the ice and the commitment to grow talent from the minors is just a great way to go.

Wow that went south fast, man we did not play those last two periods. Nashville deserved to win. With little support I thought Linback looked good through 2. I was distracted on part of third and missed the next two goals. What I saw of him he looks good. We did not look like we wanted to win this game.

Home tomorrow!

I had great tickets and gave them up for the Southern Miss game, we better kick the crap out of Southern Miss.

Stars are favored for once against the Flyers if I read the line correctly, I have never stopped to understand the line in Hockey.

Great win against Pittsburgh. The no goal was a joke, along with no penalty on the Penguins defender, but that's a call a team like Pittsburgh will get. Benn was pissed in his tying goal, and that Seguin goal with 3 seconds left was beautiful. This team looks fast.

Tonight is fun and great and I love our offensive talent, but man...our defensive game blows. If we're going to be a real contender and win a round or 2, that D trade probably has to happen (or some serious young player development.)